How rattle free is your board and how you achieved that?

I use lots of velcro and zipties with self adhesive anchors for all of the internals.
Foam gasket for the enclosure
I use precision trucks on 3 out of 4 of my builds and 2 of those have pressfit motor mounts. The other 2 have torqueboards mounts secured using @deckoz advise to torque down the grub screw and main bolt.
All of my mounting hardware I use vibratite and nuts with washers wherever possible, even if it means buying longer bolts.
Switching over to precision trucks was definitely a game changer.

I have seen people recommend black hot glue before. When searching for it I can’t figure out what makes it different than clear glue. What should i look for to find the kind of black glue you guys are talking about?

1 Like

I bet my ass its @b264

7 Likes

It definitely was I remember lol

2 Likes

It was me, I admit it; no need to give SEO to the dark side with backlinks.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

I knew exactly who it was boys

do keep up.

6 Likes

Rattles are hard. Really hard.

Every detail matters.

The biggest thing I do is take some random closed-cell packaging foam and cut it into little strips and cram the entire enclosure full of it, as much as it will hold, before assembly. I also try to make sure it gets between all the things inside, sometimes wrap a piece around a wire for example, cram foam everywhere you physically can.

Use a tiny drop of superglue under your keys on the motor shaft.

Secure wires to the bottom of the deck.

And some places inside the enclosure I do use neutral cure silicone, but that stuff is a fucking monster to try and work on later. But it does work the absolute best. Use, but with caution. Only from places where you could easily get in there with tools to remove it later if needed.

before adding more on top

I like to think that someday if a skate ever goes into a river unsupervised that it will have enough foam in it to float, but I doubt it.

15 Likes

-Turn enclosure into foam pit

Noted

4 Likes

My board has absolutely zero rattle now, it’s kind of scary how much smoother the wheels feel now that nothing at all rattles.

I use this neoprene sponge sheet like crazy. I use one layer covering the bottom of my deck shaped to my enclosure, one sheet covering the entire bottom inside the enclosure, and one sheet covering the top of everything inside the enclosure. I use enough foam to ensure that the foam compresses the battery snug. Anywhere there is any space left in the enclosure that won’t compress against the deck at all, I use extra scrap foam and cut a bunch of 1" triangles and place them strategically so they gently compress down inside the enclosure on whatever component/space is left.

Of course, all components get hot glued down and hot glued to each other. I use a combination of super sticky electrical tape and copious amounts of hot glue. All wires, big and small are immobilized with tape and hot glue. BT and receiver, glued to focboxes. All connectors electrical taped and hot glued to enclosure and to each other and then electrical taped again in bulk. That’s when scrap foam is gently stuffed in any space left.

Then, between the enclosure and bolt washers I use TPU gaskets, and thin soft risers for the trucks, and tighten everything down real good.

That’s all I did… and it’s scary nice.

8 Likes

400g of silicone and then you pray that you don’t have to swap any of the components out.
for me though the rattling has mainly come from the actual motor itself. check that that the motor can can’t be pushed back and forth.

3 Likes

If it rattles you’re wasting space :rofl:

13 Likes

Black hot glue.

1 Like

Lol that’s what I’m trying to figure out

1 Like

The black hot glue is called hot melt. It has a higher melting point and makes stronger bonds compared to clear hot glue (cool melt).

3 Likes

Rubber under battery enclosure, 2 layers under trucks, TB rubber weels, whights on rims at opposing side of stem feels like Ari’s Rari

1 Like

Have you guys ever tried to remove the adhesive foam, it’s a nightmare

2 Likes

yes, nightmare describes it quite perfect :smiley: Sticking neoprene hell :smiley:

Yes, these — but not for rattles. I use those so connectors don’t come apart under vibration.

It works well…

In all my builds I have sandwiched my battery between 2 sheets of 5mm neoprane. I also try to sandwich everything else, proper bearings help, out of all I have tried, nsx bearings seem to work best so far for axles. will personally never glue anything ever, besides cells to cells, O rings for enclosure bolts helped a lot, also plastic washers under alu washers. A separate ruber gasket around the enclosure can make wonders.

2 Likes