How much are you willing to pay to never have to use a loopkey or pushbutton ever again?

I can see clearly now that there is little market for antisparks because so many users were burned by incompetent engineers in the past

Thank you for providing me this insight :).

4 Likes

Why to pay for something that just takes more place in my esc case?
I dismount my battery each time I come home. So there is really no advantage there for me personally.

2 Likes

I always fear that a stray branch will unplug my board mid ride.

Push to start on a mtb is a fun thought.

I’ve made a loopkey and just never used it honestly. I’m sure my opinion would be different if I’d had a bad experience with switches but the unity’s switch has been solid for me.

The led started flickering at the bike park though after some jumps and spills :sweat_smile:

@Gamer43 how ruggedly designed for vibration is this?

I always fear the push button get unlatched mid ride :joy:

4 Likes

That branch would have to hold my button down for 3 seconds or vibrate everything off through the silicone.

One of those cases is much more plausible lol

I dont see the harm in having both. Having a main disconnect in the case of catastrophic failure is standard in EV’s and professional work environments, and while one may argue that they deal with higher V and C’s than us, i dont see why the logic wouldnt still apply.
So what if you have a loop key that you can just keep in 100% of the time? If you integrate it well enough, i dont see why it would be any hassle. If you never have to pull it, great. If you do? im sure you’ll be glad its there.
Board going into storage? Pull the loopkey, literally 0 drain.

4 Likes

Definitely the 3s pull down :relieved::joy::rofl:

2 Likes

Maybe a smaller and more easily hidden loopkey would convince people to use them. I love my loopkey specifically because it stops idle drain.

1 Like

I’m all for anything that allows me to put less holes in the enclosure.

This exactly. If it was down to the size of a USB mouse or wifi dongle, I be 100% for it and convert today.

xt90 hole or power switch hole

either way there is going to be a hole?

Unless you can have the loopkey mounted on the trucks or something, then you’d only have a hole for two 10awg wires :man_shrugging:

image 1 hole

1 Like

Nice and clean, but I can see why someone wouldn’t want that on their enclosure.

I feel like it’s easier to hide a power button in your base plate/ riser or even x thing than a loopkey.

1 Like

I remember that one hidden loopkey to pop out of the drop through. I think there are good alternatives for each option.

Agree with the above. Wish you could get a panel mount for a circular connector that serves the same purpose.

Yeah those are cool if you have a drop through deck. If you don’t tho…
If I had a deck like a sidekick , outlaw, wolfshark I’d want minimal risers and putting a button in my baseplate sounds easier than a key.

I think this shouldn’t be a conversation why one option is better than the other.
There different boards and different needs.
Both are good in one or the other case.
It’s like the discussion with silver 6380s… same motors, but some prefer black, some silver. It’s not only functionality, it’s also optics which people mind about.

1 Like

For sure.
I’m definitely staying loop key on my MTB.
I was just trying to make an argument for situations where I would see this being useful.
Wasn’t trying to make an argument against Loopkeys.

1 Like