How much are you willing to pay to never have to use a loopkey or pushbutton ever again?

• Free St00f Pl0x
  • Loopkey fab cost
  • $20-$30
  • $30-$40
  • $40-$50
  • $50-$60
  • The Price Trampa VESCs
  • My Wallet is Limitless

0 voters

Simple question, how much are you willing to pay to get rid of that ugly loopkey (and never, ever, have to drill a hole in your enclosure ever again)?

Poll option is supposed to say “price of trampa vescs”

3 Likes

You’re missing $40-$50

2 Likes

tell us more!

1 Like

But it would have to have PTS and auto off for me to replace the enhanced Flipsky you also worked on.

5 Likes

loopkeys and antispark switches are pretty different in function, for a loopkey $15, antispark switch $50
Personally I dislike the amount of possible failure points on antispark switches and their ability to cause harm

6 Likes

Of course. It is even better than that design.

1 Like

I use the 3Dservisas antispark for this, I am going to make auto turn off by programming my remote that way.

1 Like

My designs draw way less power (120uA) and already have both roll to start and auto turn off working perfectly.
I have been told that the fatboy antisparks have been known to burn power.

2 Likes

Yeah, they do take some power. Where can I find your antisparks?:thinking:

Flipsky has a less advanced design that draws about a third of what the fatboy antisparks pull, they were supposed to use a revised hardware version that draws one tenth of what it does now, but I caught the problem too late into the production cycle.

I have a new one coming out in March with a different vendor that draws literally nothing.

9 Likes

Nothing ever I would pay for it.
Wouldn’t even take it for free…
Looooopkey all the way :point_up::point_up::point_up::point_up:

17 Likes

i dont want to miss a loopkey its kind of a save feature for me the moment I pull it out iam 100% sure my board will stop

4 Likes

I mean you can use both and save yourself the hassle of pulling it out and plugging it in every time.

2 Likes

mhm I understand what you mean but for me its not a big deal i rather feel save. How you you plan the design?

More things to fail, more stuff for you to repair :sweat_smile::joy:

You should be all over that idea adding more electronics

3 Likes

Idk man, not even mike manner was able to make it blow up :man_shrugging:

For an MTB at least, I don’t mind the loopkey at all, in the contrary I like the peace of mind that it cuts power completely if the board is sitting idle.

So I wouldn’t pay for it :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

It’s not only about blowing up the switch.
I mean I see a market for clean street boards without question.
Buuut, I want to have access to my power connectors on my mtb.
Either loopkey or even better xt90s connector I can fully disconnect in case of any failure.

4 Likes

why not use both :man_shrugging:

1 Like

there is no need to at least for emtb I use as less electronics as possible :grin: