How Electric skateboarding gave us Electric Aeroplanes!

Car is 5.25hours. Buss prob more.
Train is 3.5 hours (and the same cost as driving alone in a car atm due to electricity prices)
Plane is 40mins-1 hours.

How valueble is your time?.

2 Likes

Not door to door. Still gotta get to the airport and through security.

2 Likes

Don’t forget showing up 3hrs early so you don’t miss boarding

2 Likes

well…not everywhere can have land transportation

1 Like

Theres door to door time with any transportation :slight_smile:

20 minutes for domestic flights.

1 Like

Not in this country. 1hr early for in-province and 3hrs early for anything else.

why am I even arguing about this?
They’re building planes thru a startup, it might not even happen.
Deal with it

5 Likes

Small plane that can carry a couple dozen people

HELL YEAH

Giant train that can carry hundreds of people, but here’s the catch; some of them may be different from you, make less than you, or are less attractive to look at than you

BOOOO COMMUNISM GIMMIE THE PLANE

3 Likes

FYI the Axiom controller (ES discussion) is a VESC based car controller capable of 200kw (268hp)

2 Likes

Intel was right! The future IS friendly!

You have a valid point, boo antisocial behavior… But this is an electronic propulsion forum. We are all just here for the tech. The fact that Vedder is doing this is fking epic.

Its just a matter of time now until there is a e-flight forum.
Might be a couple decades though :wink:
Let’s hope flipksy won’t be involved anymore

6 Likes

I thought this was an esk8 forum. EBikers have Endless Sphere and EUC people have their own corner too. Onewheelers are usually just talking about their thing before math class or after a lobotomy.

2 Likes

I like to generalize stuff.
But we probably are the most technical one out there. Eucs or ebikes rarely use VESCs etc.

I like to see myself as someone who enjoys seeing and understanding how and why my board moves.
I also think EUCs are interesting would never ride one though
If you can go to the shop with it and it runs on a vesc it’s cool enough for me.

I never was a real skater so I have no culture for that. I don’t care if it’s a skateboard I’m just here to see electrons flow through coils and hear zoomzoomm

1 Like

Even more reason then to not bring up useless subject matter just to argue about it

1 Like

I wouldn’t call it “useless” when it’s pretty on topic for this thread to talk about putting a VESC into something that’s not a skateboard.

I’m talking about the other person lol not you

Yeah lol thought I was still in the green room. Not arguing with anyone though.

Go electric planes

2 Likes

Lol see electric planes are still kind weird though, when we’re talking aircraft, every ounce counts. I’m not sure if we really have a dense enough energy cell to make completely electric viable

I think hybrid is the first major step and then in the future with real graphene batteries, we can have full electric planes being charged by on-wing solar panels

We already have solar uav’s but they’re ultra efficient and don’t carry payloads to speak of

3 Likes

Well I’m pretty sure I won’t be around anymore to diy one when the times comes.

It’s healthy to dream sometimes though. Thinking about lithium development is currently kind of depressing imo

2 Likes

Lol true. One day we will likely have graphene super caps that can charge extremely fast and last long enough to fly a plane

1 Like