How do you Clean your dirty board?

Lets hear how you guys clean your board after it being drenched in mineral containing liquids and all kinds of other gunk. In particular I would be interested in hearing how you guys dry your boards and keep parts from rusting. Maybe a hair dryer?

Here’s a picture to get into the cleaning spirit… :rofl:

2 Likes

To get the thread started… I mostly use this to clean surface gunk because im lazy.

I just use paper towels, it’s not a perfect clean but it it gets 90% of the gross stuff off in a couple minutes. Just don’t let it go long without a light cleaning or the material deposits get caked on

2 Likes

I just take off the battery, bring a bucket of hot water and a brush and hope I can brush off all the dirt before my girlfriend finds out what a mess I brought home again.
I usually swipe the board up with a dry towel after.

3 Likes
4 Likes

Riding in the rain can clean some stuff off (and get other stuff dirty) but usually I only clean them when they break and are taken apart for servicing then I will clean everything (in the sink) so the seals work well when they are reassembled.

So, the dirtier, the better because it means it’s running very well

5 Likes

Still need to get me one of those…

I was thinking to add another step of blow drying to make sure there is no water left in small crevaces to form rust :thinking:

1 Like

yup there nice they work great on griptape and the bottom of the deck

1 Like

Idk, the only parts I need to worry about are the bearings and the bearings, well I just buy a set of new ones if the old ones done :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I was thinking to just buy new bearings aswell to spare the hassle haha

I hit mine with the air compressor and get any liquids off. Then I will sometimes use a nylon brush and brush off any residual crud.

1 Like

same, clean when i have too when fixing :slight_smile:

my bajaboard gets a deep clean when it snows - nothing better for a sparkling board :wink:

1 Like

Baby wipes. No brush. No water. No cleaners. Just…baby wipes :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Baby wipes on wheels and underside, a brush to get dust out ou mounts and trucks, and a hard plastic brush to clean the grip tape

Looks like new after that

If the grip tape is too dirt I lay the board on its side and use a hose while using the brush to get all out

1 Like

:relaxed:

20 Likes

A damp rag with soap, a dry rag, and a toothbrush.

1 Like

I seen some dude on the electric skateboard club on facebook power wash his evolve gtr. He was dead set on thinking it was a solid idea.

7 Likes

Ouch, he’ll probably find out soon enough

1 Like

Honestly i see people do some really dumb ass shit on that group and I just laugh. I remember I seen this guy riding his exway though puddles deep enough that the water was coming over the top of the deck. BuT iT’s WaTeR PrOfF is always their response lol.

2 Likes