Homage to the heritage

To be true to the car or so that it looks better on the deck?

2 Likes

What do you mean? Change the actual logo or rotate it thru 90 deg like the Ferrari logo (or something else)?

1 Like

From which direction? :laughing:

Hahaha but seriously though, this general subject is our main cause of argument: do we keep it faithful to the car/livery or do what looks best on the deck? Should the decals on the nose point the other way? Should the decals on the side run longways or sideways? He’s more petrolhead. I’m more esk8. It’s a fundametally fiery clash of ideologies that’s very difficult to reconcile.

…but I just expected that you’d be more on my side than his! :rofl:

1 Like

True, I take back my vote :grin:

1 Like

I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone mount a board from the back, so definitely the side :smile:

I tend to view boards from a side profile, as there’s not really many times you’d see a board from a front or back view (plus it’s hard to stand a mountainboard up because it’d just rest on its tires and roll off). In those, the trucks tend to take visual precedence for me, rather than the deck, especially with the angled deck tips occluding the center. Plus you’re going to be standing on top of it anyways, so it’s not like you or anyone else will really see it while riding.

1 Like

Thats exactly how i do it :sweat_smile:

#sensorlesslife

4 Likes

My thinking is that, generally speaking, decals forward of the mid-point should be orientated so that they look good when you’re standing on it (or you’re about to stand on it), looking down. That’s why the ‘nose’ decals of an F1 car are rotated thru 180 on the deck.

1 Like

Sorry my wording was confusing. Yeah rotate 90 so it’s consistent with the larger ones up front.

(I also mount from the back)

1 Like

This one :call_me_hand:t2:

2 Likes

What does longways look like? Hard to vote without seeing them both.

2 Likes

There’s a link in the poll that takes you back up to the original/longways designs.

1 Like

LoL then I just must be dumb, because these are the same exact design, just rendered at two different angles.

Right???!?

2 Likes

:wink:

5 Likes

nevermind :sweat_smile:
got it too late :woozy_face:

the difference is the ferrari logo (post 96) going ‘‘sideways’’

2 Likes

I doubt this is what the other view is but this is what I imagine

3 Likes

Ferrari logos longways:

Ferrari logos sideways:

Poll

7 Likes

@brown5tick can I purchase the satin print from you I really like the Marlboro 12 or if you have a old Ford GT40

7 Likes

Saw the beauty in person yesterday and I was flabbergasted, such a premium look and feel. This is definitely the future of high end decks :heart_eyes:

I also stood on it with socks on and the spikes are not too sharp to hurt you or anything. They actually feel kinda nice, they give a very therapeutic feeling, which I bet brings some bodily advantages while carving :rofl:

16 Likes

I was convinced that the black underside of the deck could be used to add some character to Brian’s beautifully clean white rug.

I was also keen to demonstrate the grippiness of the grip and its resilience to wear-and-tear by dragging the soles of my Vans over the studs.

Fortunately for Brian, only the deck’s grippiness and resilience were proven.

6 Likes