Homage to the heritage

Thanks buddy. Yeah, wetsand & polish, indeed. It was a bit too warm when I applied the clearcoat so again I had a shitty orange-peel I needed to sand back. That’s no big deal on the tips and centre section but it’s a royal pain to level-off in between the studs.

4 Likes

Incredible result but just thinking about the amount of work that went into this makes me sick. You are a true masochist.

9 Likes

He is, hes a madman! Btw i dibs the ferrari livery!

4 Likes

Impressive attention to detail, and I would go totally crazy glueing those studs in a perfectly aligned fashion. Only to realize that one is slightly out of whack.
Anyway, out of laziness, I would personally explore using some patches of metal mesh as grip. They would provide traction, (with the right mesh pattern), still let some of the amazing paint job shine through the holes, and not look out place in the car racing theme, as that’s something you’d commonly find on air intakes.

Something like that:

3 Likes

Found this Lancia Delta S4 '85 on an Italian rally group’s Facebook and thought you guys would appreciate it.

This Switchblade HT’s graphic would pair perfectly with its livery.

3 Likes

Ferrari 312t details added above!

Question! What would look best? The Ferrari emblems lined up along the rider’s pov (as shown) or rotated so that the points of the emblems point outwards towards the rails?

• Rider’s POV (longways)
  • Facing the rails (sideways)

0 voters

Let me know if you have any other feedback on the design!

1 Like

I’m curious to see how that turns out. I’ve slipped on that stuff before when I wasn’t pulling high-Gs :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

For all of you voting ‘sideways’, here’s what that looks like:

I am not a fan. Looks right on the car and wrong on a deck. Spoils the whole flow imo.

3 Likes

Looks fine to me, matches the orientation of the other detail on the side line, like the Agip logo and the name, rather than the center line details. When you walk up to the board, it gets presented the right way along with the other details, rather than pointing sideways while everything else is right side up.

But what do I know, I’d probably just make a pink pig and call it a day. Only need two colors for that :smiley:

2 Likes

Voila! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

This isn’t the latest version. More on that to come…

4 Likes

I feel like the logos should be slightly bigger idk

1 Like

I agree, I like them the other way, it flows with the lines better.
I also think the rear AGIP/lion should be swapped around.
Either way, looking good!

2 Likes

To be true to the car or so that it looks better on the deck?

2 Likes

What do you mean? Change the actual logo or rotate it thru 90 deg like the Ferrari logo (or something else)?

1 Like

From which direction? :laughing:

Hahaha but seriously though, this general subject is our main cause of argument: do we keep it faithful to the car/livery or do what looks best on the deck? Should the decals on the nose point the other way? Should the decals on the side run longways or sideways? He’s more petrolhead. I’m more esk8. It’s a fundametally fiery clash of ideologies that’s very difficult to reconcile.

…but I just expected that you’d be more on my side than his! :rofl:

1 Like

True, I take back my vote :grin:

1 Like

I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone mount a board from the back, so definitely the side :smile:

I tend to view boards from a side profile, as there’s not really many times you’d see a board from a front or back view (plus it’s hard to stand a mountainboard up because it’d just rest on its tires and roll off). In those, the trucks tend to take visual precedence for me, rather than the deck, especially with the angled deck tips occluding the center. Plus you’re going to be standing on top of it anyways, so it’s not like you or anyone else will really see it while riding.

1 Like

Thats exactly how i do it :sweat_smile:

#sensorlesslife

4 Likes

My thinking is that, generally speaking, decals forward of the mid-point should be orientated so that they look good when you’re standing on it (or you’re about to stand on it), looking down. That’s why the ‘nose’ decals of an F1 car are rotated thru 180 on the deck.

1 Like

Sorry my wording was confusing. Yeah rotate 90 so it’s consistent with the larger ones up front.

(I also mount from the back)

1 Like