Hobbyking Motors SK3/SK8/KEDA

Sk8s are good motors as are torqueboards I would honestly go sk3 with a custom mesh screen over both though can’t beat price to performance on them

Yes that’s exactly what I think

I have used the sk8 149kv for a couple hundred miles now and like them. Smooth with sensors but I broke the tiny wires so sensorless for me.

Both my cans do move back and forth a milimeter or so if I pull or push them. Potentialy a problem in the future?

3 Likes

Why do you think sk8 are ass? What is your experience with them?

Not Sk3, but my motors are also Hobbyking - running dual propdrive 5050’s and I must say they are quite nice. At 500KV they struggled a bit from full stop but they’re powerful as hell once you’re rolling.
Plus, I recently modded them to a lower KV so they should be even juicier once I get them running again.

1 Like

LOL you should try the 6374’s if you think 5050’s are powerful!

1 Like

See, I’d love to, but my board was already literally bucking me off if I wasn’t careful enough with the throttle… I let a few guys try it at a group ride a while back and we all had a few laughs over who could stay on the longest! :stuck_out_tongue:
Plus my cans are almost touching each other, don’t think 74’s would fit lol

2 Likes

They break lol

What esc’s were you using on them?
drone esc’s?

I used to use generic hobby esc’s but they didn’t have throttle-controlled brakes so I’m switching to a Unity.

1 Like
1 Like

make sure whatever kv you re-wound them to will be under the erpm limit on the unity!

They’re lower KV now, shouldn’t be getting anything above 50k ERPM

Did you have first hand experience? I have heard otherwise. I’m looking at getting a pair because I can’t find any other motors with 8mm shaft and 130-150kv

I watched someone go through 4 motors in our group, if something in esk8 Is cheap, there’s a reason why

I suppose. @Dareno seems to think they are pretty reliable. I just need a 150kv motor sensored with a 8mm shaft. The sk8 fits that bill.

He likes sk3s, idk about the 8s. Yeah u do u man

Ya I was talking about sensoring the sk3 but he chimed in and said the sk8 was the same thing but with sensors.

The big blue one? Definitely not the same thing

1 Like

Nvm ya I misspoke.

1 Like