Hobbyking Motors SK3/SK8/KEDA

Awesome! Has anyone here add hall sensors? I wanted to get the sk3 motors but haven’t because I wanted sensored. This looks like a viable option.

This one is sensored

1 Like

I know but I don’t like the look and it is less power ful at low kv.

1 Like

SK8 are more powerful than sk3 at the same kv. They just are. They look like shit though in royal blue??? Wtf? Takes a few minutes of your life to remove the cans and paint them whatever colour takes you fancy. I did a black set with a permanent marker. Next time I will wire brush them and get a raw set. Diy bro.

11 Likes

Well from the spec sheet it says its less powerful so idk :confused:

1 Like

Think you’ll find the sk8 rate higher on the spec sheet than sk3.

Take no bloody notice of spec sheets where motors are concerned. They make them up as they go along.
I have dismantled both sk3 and sk8 and they share a lot of components and design and the windings look similar but the actual on the street truth is that you get more from the sk8

2 Likes

yes.

thanks for the inspiration!

1 Like

You could hand paint them black so you don’t have do a full strip down. Then spin them up with some fine grit paper and take the ridges to raw. Black and silver. Do it.

2 Likes

SK3 149KV, in use for 3 years through rain, dirt and snow. Mainly offroad usage.
Total KM around 4000. Never cleaned. The bell is starting to rust a little bit now :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

I’m trying to decide between the sk8 and the torqueboard 6374 equivalent.
It’s kind of dusty in my area so sealed motors would be nice, although my sk3’s haven’t had any problems so far in the last two years. A friend of mine has had sk8’s for about half a year and is pretty happy with them.
Is it worth saving money and getting the sk8 or are the torqueboard’s more reliable in the long run?
Has anyone ever tried sealing an sk3?

Sk3s are fine no motor is actually sealed they all have a gap where the can spin

Sk8s are ass, save up for the torqueboards

3 Likes

Of course, I’m just saying that using a bell without so many openings will cut down on debris getting in. Yes, I realize that this will make the motor run hotter too.

Not saying you’re wrong, I’ve just been reading a lot of different opinions, it seems like people either like them or absolutely hate them.

Which is not something you want in a motor, just get the torqueboards ones. Pay for quality

2 Likes

Will do. Do you know what size retaining clips are used on the sk3 shaft? 7mm?

Idk I don’t like sk3s either lol, ask the tiger

Just get the first 6374 that pops up on Amazon they are all the same anyways think they are called hobbysky

The reviews look okay I guess but I’m not sure, I’ve not heard of these before. How do they compare to turnigy?
@Dareno what’s the shaft clip size, 7mm?

I’m meming Kellag he believes Amazon items are as good as actual esk8 vendor items

2 Likes