Hip and shoulder protection. What do you think?

I already chosen to buy Fox Proframe helmet and FlatLand3D gloves for electric mountain boarding.
I already got good knee and elbow pads.

I am not sure about hip and tailbone protection. I really want that protection because I already felt on my hip on the street and had trouble walking many days after…

What do you think about Evoc crash pants? CRASH PANTS (PAD) - Size: S | Colour: Black

Or Xion protective shorts? Padded Shorts For Bicycle Skating and EUCs ✅ Xion Protective Gear - YouTube
Xion website is down at the moment…

For the shoulders I am looking at Evoc protector Shirt:

Or Evoc Protector Jacket pro:

I do not know much about this protective gears and there are not many reviews… What do you guys think about this?

I know that is a lot of protective gear but I think we are doing a sport that requires that kind of protection. I can not aford getting injured at the moment but I want to ride!

2 Likes

Lazyrolling has cargo pants and hoodies with foam pads and Kevlar lining, I have a hoodie and it’s not bad

2 Likes

I’m keen to find some hip protection that doesn’t include putting on crash shorts.
I’m willing to bet many here have matching scars on the their leading upper hip bone from rolling out of a crash. I know a few locals that do.

4 Likes

I know you already got elbows covered. But this is still worth looking at.

It is what I like to wear for rides and I think the hard slide pads have helped me on falls.

1 Like

The lazy rolling pants have been solid for me. Really non restrictive while not allowing the pads to shift around much.

1 Like

Do they come up to the upper hip without going full Urkle?

1 Like

Nope, stops just under the waist band. I’d like some upper hip protection hut as you say… Urkle

1 Like

Gotcha, so they protect the lower hip ball. That usually takes a good bashing too along with it makes walking suck for a bit.
I’m going to have to bite the bullet and give in to the fact that proper gear takes a bit of time to put on. Until then and after I’ll hope for an Ironman solution where you dont put on the gear, the gear puts on you.

2 Likes

This is the dream.

2 Likes

I found this the other day and am curious on if I’d like them or not.

2 Likes

I lean more for armor than padding, but this is pretty interesting.

2 Likes

Looks super sexy when worn with nothing else.

2 Likes

Been using these and pretty pleased with them:

(Never mind which size.)

3 Likes

I have found that landing on my face prevents quite a lot of hip and shoulder damage, which is good because I already have a lot of that.

5 Likes

Very clever but won’t it damage your hair?

3 Likes

Can wearing shoulder pads prevent shoulder injuries such as torn rotator cuffs?

1 Like

For shoulders I’ve been really happy with my Knox jacket - also has solid elbows, chest and back. All on/off in one easy step. We’ll ventilated and tough fabric. Has def helped shoulder on big falls, level 2 protection all around shoulder.

For leading hip, I tuck a level 2 back protector into my waist band round onto butt. Again works well in ‘testing’. The snowboard and moto pants don’t have enough coverage up high for me

1 Like

Thx, do you have a link for the jacket?

Looks like it’s been upgraded, I think I have the mark 1 Men’s Urbane Pro® MK3 – Black – Knox. Pricey, but you can get good deals shopping around or in older models

2 Likes

I just crashed the other day, the usual - cute girl, rode right off the edge of the trail. Fortunately I wasn’t going too fast.

I was quite happy with the performance of my cheap motorcycle jacket. I would never use it on a motorcycle, but it performed exceptionally well at esk8 speeds. Also, I did slide on my head for a bit, so props to my bike helmet as well.

On the upside the cute girl also turned out to be a nurse.

5 Likes