Hip and shoulder protection. What do you think?

Niiice!!

Wow. That’s nice. Thx

You might have hit on a new and effective pickup technique.

2 Likes

Fall down to pick up, counterintuitive but clearly effective!

Hope you had a full face, I’ve found temples and face so much more at risk with esk8 stacks. Really rate my giro with the removable chin guard, but still heaps of temple/jaw protection even with guard off - but I’m a guard in guy now… all about saving face :slight_smile:

1 Like

Tell me you got her number

1 Like

"So how many times am I going to have to fall for you until you fall for me?

Be still my esk8 heart :heart:

Has anyone tried these?

https://a.co/d/34MFdYl

Triple eight bumsaver

1 Like

11-eights

1 Like

I have considered these, and now even more so.

1 Like

Just got them. (50% off right now)
I just got out of the hospital from a nasty onewheel wreck. My elbow, hip and knee took all the damage and I probably would have walked away if I just wore pads.

1 Like

Or these?

https://a.co/d/34MBgHe

Eight weeks of PT for a full-thickness supraspinatus tear and bicep tendon repair/release. I’ll know how much longer it will be on the 26th of this month. I was wearing a protection vest for the spine and chest. Knee and elbow pads with a helmet. No shoulder pads. Like you, I think I would be good if I had shoulder protection.

3 Likes

That sounds rough man. Hope you heal up soon.

1 Like

I’m a bit of a gear nazi, but I can’t count how many times hip and shoulder pads saved me. I add force field MC pad armor to my hip pad shorts .

I’m awake in my hotel room by a waterfall my first night in Iceland because both shoulders hurt.
If I had any clue I’d live this long,I’d have worn more pads sooner. When I return stateside, I need bilateral shoulder surgery,full shoulder replacement and clavicle nonunion repair on my left, and NOW, arthroscopic debris removal/ debridement on my right.
I have been off work since 12/4 and if I’m lucky,I’ll return to work on 6/1. Can you say stir crazy?!

Don’t make me post pics of my grapefruit sized hip cyst from crashing, 2 years ago. Or have me start whimpering about advanced arthritis in all 3 places . Turns out this shit hurts when it’s 5 degrees F before wind chill.

I was sure I’d be dead before this all came home to roost​:rage::exploding_head::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Never warn pads or helmets. Grew up snowboarding leared how to take a a fall after dozes of longboard falls. Simple i see a car coming i ride the saidewalk … But you mention hip protection and weird thing is now that i have been epectric for 10+ year my hips are actually worn out from it… causes me pain to ride ive been thinking about old bones therapy pads and braces does wonders

I honestly can say ive never fallen off my esk8 and landed on my ass…

Sounds like you’re not trying hard enough

7 Likes

I use these for short - medium track racing paired with knee guards and light moto racing underarmour jacket. I pretty much fall on my ass/hips every session trying to go harder on turns and can vouch for their effectiveness.

I also had a major spill at 65km/h with the above armor (minus the moto jacket) and didnt have any damage to my legs

2 Likes

I use shark leather motorcycle clothing. Costly but worth every cent.