Hilariously sketchy DIY board (YouTube)

So this popped up in my recommendations today. Had to click, because I wanted to see just how cheap he was going to build for $60.

Hoo boy, I would never wanna ride this thing.

18 Likes

Looks like it’s high time for a group ride!

3 Likes

That soldering :cry:

7 Likes

That everything! The three screws into the wheel… the wobble when he first spikes the motor… yikes all around.

6 Likes

Holy shit that’s :joy: :joy: :joy:

I don’t think that board is happy at all…the weak ass components and the 3 amp rated wires/joints, he’s not making it to the end of the battery voltage before that lets out the magic smoke

2 Likes

He goes like 4km/hr and that motor sounds like a battery drill

4 Likes

Looks slow AF. The more he worked on the speed controller the more I laughed

1 Like

huh… :joy: :joy: well I mean it’s kinda nifty how he made that non-wireless remote! While it’s below my standards it’s pretty cool DIY none-the-less! I guess it’s acceptable for going 5mph

6 Likes

haha yeah Hoyt had better work on an even cheaper version of the puck because this dude has got the wooden “remote” design all figured out.

Tbh I think that thing could climb a pretty serious hill, I would have liked to see that attempted. The torque was intense! (dat belt skip)

6 Likes

Man, all that effort, only to go slower than a push board :laughing:

Pretty commendable though that he made it work for so cheap. Would love to see if 100$ produces something that’s actually practical.

6 Likes

Looks cleaner than some boards ive seen.

10 Likes

That is Trump-level jenius. I want one.

5 Likes

Problem is, that these are the videos new people watch and then imagine esk8s are cheap.

3 Likes

How is that a problem, anyone taking that video seriously is in a whole other world of problems.

2 Likes

idk what he was thinking but for 60$ thats a cool idea might be cheaper and safer to borrow a large dog or enslave some squrriels though.

7 Likes

Enslaved squirrels on tiny leashes would be super badass

4 Likes

You need this:

It does make the build even cheaper.

2 Likes

the pure amount of squrriels needed makes squrriels quit inefficent sadly
https://eagletalon.net/squirrelpower/

3 Likes

You’ve been beaten to the punch, guys.

9 Likes

Could have at least given himself some more length to that remote, he waves hi with the wrong hand one time and its asphalt lol

Then again that speed he could just walk it out