High voltage antispark plugs.

Thank you for this, I have been having it switched of as I mistaken assumed this was safer!

I really appreciate you taking the time to share your knowledge.

3 Likes

No it wasnā€™t turned on before connecting.

Charge wires are separate from main power cables and Iā€™d just installed a loop key so the live was completely disconnected between the Controller and battery (this time) previously the only way I had to turn the board off was the antispark switch but I went out in the rain and killed the switch so installed a loop key.

1 Like

Try having your charger turned on before you connect it. That will more than likely mitigate your issue.

3 Likes

Thank you, yes I will do after I get home this eve Iā€™ll give it a go.

It makes sense if you actually take time to think about itā€¦.

2 Likes

Thereā€™s this weird onewheel dude on youtube that made a good video about it

1 Like

The manufacturer will do a custom batch of qs8 with 15ohm resistors!

I had to get 20 sets. I donā€™t need 20. Theyā€™ll be done in under two weeks they say. write me and sell/ship 4 for 40$ including shipping

And theyā€™re going to give me a video tour of the factory later. Nice folks.

If ur running anything over like 24v these will be much nicer to ur esc capacitors. the standard antispark plugs with 5ohm produce too much current rush with higher voltage and also burn up

4 Likes

Barrel jacks work great at 2A.

If you need faster charging maybe you need more boards :rofl: :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Yea but touch a 16S battery terminals you will get zapped quite nicely :smiley:

@ShutterShock did that live, too bad he cut it out in his video archive

Im afraid thatā€™s necessary these days. On YouTube everything gets flagged.

This is still up

@Blise518B

Lol I touched the ends of 12s8p it was quite tingly bc my fingers were sweaty

Nobody wants these QS8 with the 15ohm improved resistor? Unless ur doing as low as 22v these could save ur esc as theyā€™ll greatly slow inrush current to caps and also donā€™t have to keep replacing the wimpy 5.6ohm plugs. These arenā€™t available anywhere and custom made by manufacturer.

Make a stout loopkey

2 Likes

Now have sweaty fingers :rofl:

2 Likes

Iā€™d say @Pulja might like these.

2 Likes

Iā€™m interested in some you said minimum 4 sets?

2 Likes

this fixed it many thanks.

Current across other body parts can easily lead to burns, your muscles being forcefully contracted (thus not being able to let go of the source of current), and nerve damage. Which is better than it killing you, but still not something you want to happen. The nerve damage alone is enough to want to avoid get shocked at all costs

1 Like

Isnt a loopkey interrupting just one pole of the battery so no voltage as such?

I tried my xt90 ebike on 118v and used two anti sparks partially inserted to stop them blowing lol. The first time i connected it the inrush vaporised the contacts and turned my hand mostly black as i hadnt realised it had blown the wimpy resistor instantly.

1 Like

Two partially inserted?

Usually partial insertion is the perfect way to blow one

2 Likes