High speed mountainboard build? The shopping list for now

@Venom121212 been running mbs forever :slight_smile: maybe he can comment

2 Likes

Thoughts on phatladz? I have seen some poor reviews regarding balance. But i lile the idea of them offering a megastar width with lower weight and price!

2 Likes

No mention of Phatladz here…are they a contender?

1 Like

I have a set :slight_smile:
superstar / phatland / megastar
Whats on my gear drive boards? 3ds and mbs

And yes I test them without tires on.
On my belt drives though I run superstar. The weight saving is nice and its pretty

1 Like

Not heard anything bad and the concept is nice. I have a pair of hubs here but not on a board

2 Likes

Good advice. Makes sense since the fastest a full trampa board can go is like 51km/hr, and that with picking every single part towards speed. Think they’re meant for the 30-40 top speed range where a wobble will be barely noticeable.

Do your hubs run 9 inch wheels as well? I may treat myself later on or even with the drives purchase since i can’t really go wrong with good tolerance cnc parts
Edit: seen the pic, they do

6.5-10"

2 Likes

Next question on the menu: spare tubes. Do i really have to pay £10 every time someone smashes a beer bottle on the bike lane? Is there any place to get them in bulk for cheaper?

2 Likes

I really wanna see those hubs with wheels in the air go from 0 to max speed. Are you able to film this? It should be really obvious if something is out of balance

I stick it on a hanger and just spin them. Btw its not out of balance thats a problem. Thats easy to fix and tires are ALL out of balance. Its when they wobble thats a problem.

1 Like

Fivestars for forever. Cheap, solid, light, takes tires from 5.5-9" just fine and dyeable. Come in black now too.

6 Likes

You bought it all didn’t you

5 Likes

You can dye the white ones.

Bonus, you don’t have the white writing on the rim.

3 Likes

Lol I actually like writing on rims/tires

Gives that nascar feel

The lacroix tires with white text look super cool to me like on that Auram Bro build

8 Likes

4 Likes

Oops, i clicked place order. Mine now.
What tyres do you guys use?

3 Likes

lee wright sells some knobbly ones and so does trampa

1 Like

I am by no means experienced yet with pnummie tires but

I’ve seen tons of different ones. Pretty much any 200x50 tire

MBS T1, T3, Trampa tires, Kendas, Metroboard ones, etc etc etc.

There’s a pnummie tire thread that you could read through

2 Likes

There’s barely anything useful to read off that thread unfortunately. Went through it as it appeared.
Just want to know what people like and use regularly

1 Like

idk bro this thread was pretty useful to me…

1 Like