4 Likes

Oops, i clicked place order. Mine now.
What tyres do you guys use?

3 Likes

lee wright sells some knobbly ones and so does trampa

1 Like

I am by no means experienced yet with pnummie tires but

I’ve seen tons of different ones. Pretty much any 200x50 tire

MBS T1, T3, Trampa tires, Kendas, Metroboard ones, etc etc etc.

There’s a pnummie tire thread that you could read through

2 Likes

There’s barely anything useful to read off that thread unfortunately. Went through it as it appeared.
Just want to know what people like and use regularly

1 Like

idk bro this thread was pretty useful to me…

1 Like

Okay, wheels arrived. Compared to bergmeisters they are huge

They’re like the first time you see a 3L coca cola bottle after your country has been reducing the sizes to 1.25L for the last few years. Can imagine how 9 inchers would compare to that as well.

Now, my gripes with the hubs: the bearings are pretty damn loose in their seats. I don’t think this is normal and i don’t know too sure what type of gap filler is safe to use on plastic :confused: also, what size spacers do these take? They sure didn’t come with any.
Lastly, is this normal?

3 out of 4 have the middle parts slightly split apart even with everything seated and bolted. It will probably join together when tightened on an axle but i’m not too sure that kind of lateral force should be pressing on a bearing.

I’m once again calling out for people who have been riding both matrix 2 and trampa trucks for a while, or even just one type really well to share their experience with them. I want to make a purchase decision soon, but short of trying them out i don’t really know what to even look for.

I know trampa trucks pretty much need barrels to work properly within my use. I also know matrix 2 trucks have bushings by default and they sell different hardnesses, but i’m not sure they are adjustable once they fit in there

There’s two set screws on the bottom of the hangar, which allow you to adjust precompression on both bushings. This way you can set heelside and toeside hardness independently.

1 Like

Do they have an inner and outer position like trampas?
Edit: nvm. Looks like they have some adjustment to them

But also assuming nothing’s come off course in the last 6 months I think Matrix III is still due to be released this summer. Might be interesting if you’re not building anytime soon.

2 Likes

I was hoping to get this done by mid april unfortunately. To celebrate exactly one year into this hobby

2 Likes

To be fair the jumps i’ve seen trampa guys do with those trucks are mind blowing. I bend 8mm axles by looking at them wrong and there aren’t really that many videos showcasing the durability of matrix 2’s.
But then again, ~£400+ vs ~£300

MBS makes alot of mountainboards, you know the analog type
You want some videos?
This dude is one of their rider

Heres a vid of them abusing the board with brallie

3 Likes

aka The Warren MBS Pro 97

1 Like

The one and only RADICAL FACE

1 Like

What costs £400 and what costs £300?

1 Like

Trampa

Mbs

Include extras on each, but trampa cracks £400 easily if i add barrel retainers to try out while mbs will stay at £250 max if i go all out on bushings

I’ll check them out in a bit!

What exactly are you getting from Trampa? Titanium axles with “precision” hangers?

1 Like