High-performance remote batch- Get in on the gravy

@Brenternet Thank you for being supportive. Maybe we can get one of these out to SF so you all can see if you’re still having the same problems with this build that others have had with the original.

If anybody is in the Denver area or visiting soon, Hit me up so I can take you out for a ride. I’ve ridden with just about every remote out there and really love what I’m working with here. I know you’ll like it. I know the price sucks. I think it’s hilarious… but for now it is what it is. I’m working on it. I want these to be accessible. All of your rides deserve a sick remote.

2 Likes

I’ve got about 900 pre spent on my next build. I need to figure out where I can squeeze out an extra chunk for you. I think this might be my next remote. It goes w the build. What’s your timeline on this ?

The thing is if something disconnects here it could disconnect anywhere. We just happen to have a higher density of disconnectable areas…

@tomiboi I’d be happy to test one of your remotes and run the same tests I did for my feather remote. I’m about to test the ebmaker remote here as well. Please do let me know…

5 Likes

Can we see the inside is there a option to make our own case? We all have difrent size hands and so been able to customise the feel to the owner is important especially to those of us who have XS glove sizes most remote at too big resulting in griping harder and fatigue on long rides. The fact that you made it out of wood means I could proberbly custom make a smaller case with a 3d printer.

Pleas can you provide the inside dimensions/mounting hole positions and size?

I am picking up one and will be using it in Boston.
Not as dense as SF but its a still a city.
Will let the group know.

1 Like

@Ace The remotes will be shipping mid-September at the latest. Most likely sooner. Thank you for your interest :slightly_smiling_face:

@Darkie02 You can check out the entire build, insides and all at my post “A Race Remote Project” here on the forum. I walk through how to make the guts of the build. I haven’t done the receiver yet, but it’s coming. If you’d like to build your own enclosure, I think that is really awesome. I’d sell the insides without an enclosure. The price won’t be too much better. The enclosures are a bitch to make but they are the least-expensive part of the build :slightly_smiling_face:

@sofu In my next batch I’ll make one for testing in SF specifically. We’ll figure out the details later. I have tried the ebmaker remote. It’s compact and functional. The problem is that the 3D printed enclosure is extremely fragile. I nocked it off of my work table and it shattered into little pieces. It didn’t just crack, it shattered. They said that they will be making them from molded plastic soon. At that point is will probably be a solid purchase for the money.

2 Likes

I wanted to add that the folks who laid the groundwork for this remote project put a lot of hard, high quality work into this. It might not work perfectly everywhere, but they made a DIY remote project with an Arduino and a 3D printer that anyone can make if they have the will to do it. They upped the DIY game. If there are problems with it, we shouldn’t just pitch it. It’s worth fixing and evolving. The success that I have had with them is proof enough for me.

5 Likes

@xsynatic You’re talking to a southpaw. There will always be love for the lefties:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

@tomiboi, thanks for the answer

@Ace, since they can be reprogrammed in Arduino, they could definitely work with the TTL system. It may take some tweaking of the code on either side but we could get it to work :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I checked-in with all of my riders. Right now things are going pretty seamlessly in Denver, Austin, Chicago, SD and Detroit. Hopefully, this weekend we’ll be adding Boston. I might head to SF myself to check on these infamous drop-zones… and the Golden Gate Bridge :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

@Darkie02 If you decide to buy a remote contact me about XS sizing. It’s already compact but it can be made smaller without out much difficulty. The only drawback is that the remote will be a little less durable. I’ve drop kicked mine across a parking lot several times and it still works fine… so there is durability to spare :slightly_smiling_face:

Up and running in Munich. I do EU/AU frequency upon request.

1 Like

can this remote talk to multiple receivers? In other words can this one remote control and save settings for all my boards?

@Ace Up to 20 :slight_smile: I sell extra recievers for $55 and I try to set everything up plug-and-play on your end. I have a lot of connectors.

1 Like

@deckoz Let me look into it, but I kind of feel like you’re asking me to make your remote look dirty. That will happen with time :slightly_smiling_face: but Seriously, that should be a simple request. I think I can do that for you if I can find a good water-based stain. The other stuff will make your hands stink. I’m working with Blue or Red and Black inlay at the moment. One of those would have to work.

I ordered one of these to be used in the Netherlands. I’ll post a review after I’ve tested it for a while.

2 Likes

@tomiboi. Alight, f@&$ it, I’m in. Gonna need one receiver for now. It’s going on my trampa which is a beta tester for the tell tail lights system designed by @Ricco so cheers your remote will have a new product compatibility when I’m done with it. After that I’m gonna need a second receiver to go on my esk8.news custom deck which is gonna be a bad a$$ show piece. Can I buy the second receiver later? Where do you want me to place the order? Through the link above?

2 Likes

Right on!! I’m beta testing the Uslpit by @Ricco with the Metr Pro for VESC right now. The link above is the best way to purchase unless you’re outside the US. If you’re outside the US we might have to do some under-the-table smuggling to circumvent import taxes. You can definitely order extra receivers later. They’ll cost about $50. I haven’t put them up on the website yet, but I will soon. I’m also going to finish up the receiver portion of the module that I did here on the forum. They are very easy to make.

I can’t wait to see the custom whip that your making. That’s always the best part. When are you making the post? I’m working on a build with torqueboard’s direct-drive set-up right now. 12s4-5p with a custom pin-tail deck. It’s going to look like an old-school hotrod with deadly power :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

The custom is going to be 90% limited edition or beta esk8.news stuff. Aiming for a big reveal around Xmas. So far it’s choo choo, Big Ben, Sender, ttl and your remote that are confirmed. … sending payment now.

3 Likes

Order #109. The money is yours.

1 Like