Herringbone Gears Avio MK2 Gear Drive

im planning to reorganize all my esk8 parts stockpile, the avio GD might be put up for sale actually :joy:

3 Likes

I’ve asked for the files and for spares. At first he seemed happy to share the files then ghosted me.
Have tried Jackson for spares now he’s asking Timo.
I have a mate with a 4 axis CNC I was going to hit up.

4 Likes

Doing up replacements in steel would be awesome. That’s exactly what these gears probably should have been in the first place, but it also might’ve negated the real reason these drives were so awesome to begin with - they’re so bloody quiet!

The modelling I think is the most risky part of reverse engineering these gears, and if you’re going to the expense of CNCing new parts out of steel, that model had better be damn near perfect.

2 Likes

Gears were made by this factory if I remember correctly… Hope it helps

4 Likes

You’d spend more doing that than just getting new drives

1 Like

I feel like this is the least that a business could do if they have no plans to revive the product.

7 Likes

Shouldn’t be that hard. Diameter is set, tooth count is set

You’d think if there are no plans to revive the product, that an open source CAD file could be disseminated for those with the facilities to reproduce. With time, we may even see all steel variants of these gears. That would be awesome.

2 Likes

I got a replacement wheel gear few years back.

Did you try Timos email? timo@wertrimo.com

2 Likes

Yes. No reply. Guess I’m holding some museum pieces now

1 Like

A bunch of us have tried to run this stuff down. Official dead end.

1 Like

thats a shame, especially if there is gears on a shelf somewhere.
What about the guy who designed the drive? :thinking:

2 Likes

Idk. Maybe he has plans of coming back one day. He fled Taiwan for Europe and didn’t re-establish manufacturing ties it seems. I asked for spares and even for cad files which he originally was going to provide and then went silent. Such a shame, such a great product. It’s hard as a small independent trying to get fair pricing from manufacturers and not have your IP stolen. Equally hard as an end user, gauging where to invest your money as the product may be a one off, a no show or a short term prospect. Oh well. Beats buying an evolve.

1 Like

Local to me. No help there.

From what I’ve been told, he’s out for good. Pains me to say that, because he was a legend as a vendor.

just a drawing of the gear would help imenssly if we can raise some funds for a production round of gears. If you have the possibility to speak to him, see if he can help :thinking:

1 Like

He’s not a very helpful guy, sorry to say.

He went skiing with Timo in Switzerland a few months ago, and I asked if he could ask about spare parts in general and gears in particular.

Still waiting to hear from him two months later. :joy:

There needs to be a dislike button for this kind of reality check :frowning:

3 Likes

:poop: ←

1 Like

Remember that time we got to ‘like’ with different emojis for a day or two? The poop emoji definitely needs to come back.

1 Like