Hercaleez: SKP 12s8p, Tomiboi, Newbee 4GS [UPDATED]

If you don’t have any soldering stuff your options are pretty limited. I just hated doing the dance of unscrewing the enclosure but being careful not to move the deck too far because the wires from the drivetrain were still connected to the ESC, etc. This way makes it way easier to remove both the drivetrain and/or the enclosure. Maybe a good time to buy soldering stuff and start practicing :blush: Great skill to learn and know.

3 Likes

I may need to adjust the positioning of my ESC so that I can copy your phase wire setup. Definitely annoying doing the awkward flip-around dealing with the wires.

3 Likes

I stop the back wheels from rolling and then prop the front wheels up, like the hood of a car lol

3 Likes

I usually flip the whole enclosure without tugging on the drivetrain side too hard. Luckily I have enough slack on my phase/sensor wires. It’s a pain in the ass forsure. Even worse when the velcro holding my battery down comes loose…

3 Likes

So do you have your trucks on the inner holes?

What made you choose that?

Have you tried the other way?

2 Likes

I used the inner holes strictly because of ground clearance. If I used the outer holes it put the enclosure closer to the ground and it was already low as it was.

2 Likes

Got my MR60 panel connector prototypes finished up (3D printed, PETG) and installed on this guy. Happy with how they came out, will see if they hold up! I also put a pretty @Savage1 antisink plate on the rear.

11 Likes

Man, that’s awesome. I’m jealous of your soldering skills, would love to do a similar quick-release setup on my board.

I tried doing a poor man’s version with sensor wire extensions, but it’s super cumbersome and the connectors are stiff as hell. Literally need my needle-nose plyers to get the connection to separate.

2 Likes

I’ve got a decent amount of time soldering guitar pickups and other weird junk so I figured I’d try and tackle these. The CNLinko connectors were tricky just because the pins are so close together so soldering was slow-going. The MR60’s were easy in comparison. Big chunky 12awg wire. Just pre-tinned everything and it all went together easy

5 Likes

Would be cool to see the mounts have some angle to allow the lights to be more parallel to the ground.

2 Likes

Really nice Davega mount!

1 Like

Would be easy enough to tweak the file to allow for it to be angled more parallel to the ground. I don’t mind having them angled up a bit so they are more aimed at peoples’ eyes behind me. Maybe I’ll make a couple different angles (depends how people mount their drives as well)

2 Likes

Laser engraved some name plaques that I’ll attach to my enclosure… suck it LSSS!

7 Likes

Also came home to some more new goodies! Can’t wait to get them mounted up. Planning on getting them powder coated (or cerakoted) in the future.

4 Likes

Non-XL pro II’s with 200x50 Kenda’s @ approx 30psi

7 Likes

Mounted these guys up… fit great! Used some 3M VHB.

8 Likes

Didn’t realize these were only 45mm wide, maybe I’ll get a set for my raceboard to put the bkb tires on

2 Likes

Yep standard width for 6-8” tires. I’m never going bigger on this board so figured the XL’s would be wasted on me. I’d like to experiment with 7” and 6” tires as well to see if there’s a sweet spot outside of the 8” Kenda’s (which I really like).

4 Likes

Have you tried mounting up the new Rockstar hubs to your Newbee GDs? Curious to know if the offsets are the same, or if you had to do any extra shimming to get proper alignment.

Those wheels look great!

4 Likes

Not yet but planning on it this weekend! I’ll post about how it goes. The fit and finish on the hubs is great.

4 Likes