Hercaleez: SKP 12s8p, Tomiboi, Newbee 4GS [UPDATED]

Thanks! Might need to pony up for some nice drill bits if I want any chance at getting that sucker out. I thought mine were carbide but they’re not

1 Like

Luckily the 4GS clamp didn’t fight me much getting it off. I hadn’t tightened the screw down enough to squeeze it so I just needed to loosen the set screw and it came off. Will order some new ones and pretend this never happened!

3 Likes

She lives! New gear drive clamps arrived today - thanks @Ean.esk8 ! Got it fit and installed easily. This time used blue 242 loctite instead of the red 271. Took it out for a quickie around the cul-de-sac and all is well. Waiting for it to warm up a little and will take it out for real. Missing riding big time… winter sucks.

7 Likes

what a beautiful build
good job man

3 Likes

How has this held up?

Haven’t actually banged it off anything yet, but it’s held up to all the road vibrations and such so far

Thanks! :pray:t2:

2 Likes

New little update to this board - grabbed some Radium adapters and Riptide bushings from @dskate - can’t wait to give these things a run! I have whites and greys, and just ordered a set of green as well. I’ve been running MBS red in front and back. Stability has been great at speed, but lacking in lower speed turning. Orange was a bit better for lower speeds. I’m looking to keep my same stability at 25-30mph but improve lower speed turning and carving capabilities :crossed_fingers:t2:

5 Likes

how many miles have you put on it?

I run white up front on those trucks and its perfect for me (90kg without gear)

Yep my plan is white up front, green on the back.

Few hundred so far I believe

1 Like

Green i found a bit stiff, i settled on red iirc

1 Like

Got my greens in the other day and got to take them out for a spin last night for a few miles. I’m really liking them so far (the adapters/riptide bushings in general). Very predictable and stable up to 25-26mph. Haven’t pushed past that yet for speed. Low speed turning and carving has definitely improved. I have the preload screws on front and back tightened in right to the point where it starts pushing up on the bushing. Don’t think I’ll need to go any tighter so far.

Started getting kind of a rubbery type squeaking from my back right wheel on my last ride, will have to investigate. Not sure if it’s my wheel/tire or if a bearing is dying or what. Not overly concerned… easy fix either way I’m sure.

Took a couple pics of my “shop” aka the back nook of my garage. Old owner outfitted it with a couple benches and pegboard so I’ve adapted to it. I built my own “esk8 island” for working on my boards. I’ll keep adding and changing it up I’m sure.

6 Likes

Figured it’s time for an update cause there have been quite a few changes to this board. I basically ripped the board in two and made Jekyll and Hyde out of it. Here’s what I ended up doing:

• I kept the DS enclosure and all the guts (12s8p battery, Stormcore 60D, etc) and I swapped it onto a Tomiboi Deathtoll deck
  • Installed SRB HD 3-link trucks front and rear (12mm axle) with risers & front extension
  • Running some 175mm Hota tires courtesy of @frame
  • Had @Savage1 fabricate some custom clamps to attach my Newbee 4GS drives w/ 6380’s onto the 3-link trucks
  • Installed Davega from other deck
  • Installed Tomiboi front toe clip from @bboybowzer

This board rides like a dream. The 3-links have such a unique and fantastic feel to them. Hard to describe, but I love them. I blame @dskate for this. I plan on throwing on some 205kv 6485’s probably over the winter as well.

That brings me to the other project. I still had the mountainboard deck and trucks, so…

• Used existing 41.5” Tomiboi deck from Hercaleez, and Matrix II trucks
  • Built a 14s8p P42A battery pack with help from @alankerr and fit it into a top-mount box with LLT smart BMS, etc.
  • Put on some new bronze MBS Rockstar Pro II XL hubs with 9” MBS tires
  • Running Boardnamics 5.2:1 straight cut gears, powered by 173kv Reacher 6485’s
  • Designed and printed/fabricated my own rear-mounted ESC box housing a MakerX D100S
  • Slapped some MBS F5 bindings on that were owned by legend @poastoast
  • Can’t forget my el cheapo $7 AliExpress grab handle on front :ok_hand:t2:

This board has been a blast and it’s come together really well so far. Will be putting a Davega on it as well in the future, and I’ll also be trying out some softer red and yellow Riptide bushings.

15 Likes

by my experience

get extra ladder thingies for the trucks!

3 Likes

Both are looking so dang good. Great work.

2 Likes

Ladders? Not sure I understand- the metal baseplate?

Over the winter I might upgrade to some Matrix 3’s, but we’ll see. Done is never done

Esc enclosure looks great!

3 Likes

Thanks! I made it based on what I’ve seen from other manufacturers for the mounting plate and such. I printed the box wall and lid from PETG-CF and used heat-set M3 inserts for the screws. Baseplate is anodized alum with pressed-in nuts and bottom of enclosure is .080” aluminum. I got the alum parts from Sendcutsend.

8 Likes