Help with new board.

TB 6355 x1

And as Brian would say ā€œyouā€™d rather have brakes while thereā€™s a problem than a vesc trying to save its own skinā€

3 Likes

yeah i just hope the vesc doesnt cut off again when im trying to brake and go flying through someones lawn lmao

appreciate all the help yall are awesome

1 Like

With a max at 160a, thereā€™s no chance of that being the cause of a cut out :wink:

1 Like

Turn up ā€œAbsolute Maximum Currentā€ to 150A or the maximum it will allow you to set it at. The rest looks good.

1 Like

Braking is going to be the weakest part of a single 6355 setup. It will work fine though.

i felt fine with the brakes the problem is if i didnt feather the remote it would cut off

The cutouts are caused by the absolute max current being too low.

Also change this to 40ms, this is the length of the cutouts

2 Likes

Sounds like a simple fix

Wouldnā€™t you want it slightly higher (like 80-100ms) to feel it when it throws a fault and know to check it when you get home?

You can feel 40ms but itā€™s usually not enough to severely knock you off balance and cause street ingestion

4 Likes

Guess Iā€™ll give it a try if I ever go back in the setup one day :joy: mine is set at 85ms

1 Like

alright round 2 commencing will report back after i eat shit again

Wow this thing is incredible with just 1 motor the remote and vesc response is fantastic and speedo clocked me going 21ā€¦this hobby is gonna be rough on my wallet. I love it!

5 Likes

So no more shit eating?

1 Like

Helmet up brother, one spill is all it takes to knock your beans loose

3 Likes

Iā€™m convinced this is why I didnā€™t eat shit with my most recent motor problem. It just felt like the motor lost all its balls. Not a hard cut like when duty cycle limit fucked me a couple weeks ago. Thanks for speaking up about this setting.

3 Likes

I got helmet sliding gloves elbow and knee pads from my downhill days

1 Like

Well now the motor is making an odd noise and the board feels sluggish after about a minute of using it maybe it correlates, also the vesc cuts out a little and when u opened her up the motor wires were very warm and the vesc was very hot. Ex of noise