Help with flipsky vx2 on focbox unity

I only have screen shots from a video last night but I believe so. And yes im 99% sure I bought everything as a kit from propulsion boards so I assume its the right one.

okay, have you tried setting the remote to FOCBOX mode? Mine works in that mode. Also is the input currently set to PPM and UART and current control?

1 Like

Vx2 is super weird sometimes, you might need to flip the green and orange wires if you can’t get it to work

1 Like

@814glass hey there, did you figure out how to fix it? Because I have the same issue and over last ±5 hours didn’t figure it out and just at this point trying out stuff

Although I figured out that if you switch the green and orange wire the trip value will be zero as it should be, unfortunately remote still won’t be working :confused:

My VX2 wasn´t working also
I solved my problem, if you go to my post and see how I did it
I hope it can help

1 Like

Bro I also have a Demon 2.0 with FOCBOX and VXs have been nothing but trouble for me.
First VX2 was constantly disconnecting and second one works but has a 150ms delay between when I punch the throttle and when the wheels start turning. (VX1 didn’t have this issue).
If you don’t have another remote to compare against you might not notice this issue but once you’ve felt the instant response of a VX1 or something the VX2 straight up sucks (unless my replacement VX2 is also busted in some way that’s also possible).

I gave up on the VXs and switched to the remote Derelict Robot is selling. It’s theoretically only is beta right now and it’s expensive but damn it’s great it just works.

Not that helpful I know since you want your remote working now not a month from now.

Hope you can work it out.

Re the FOCBOX/FEVESC setting yeah even tho you have a FOCBOX you must NOT use the FOCBOX setting on the VX2 - that only works with old FOCBOX firmware that no one is using anymore. You gotta use the generic FEVESC setting.

Oh make sure your ESC remote setting is set to UART only NOT PPM and NOT UART+PPM the VX2 does not support ppm only UART.

It does

1 Like

Huh… Well in my case it didn’t. Still worth a try I’d say (switching to UART-only mode).

Unless… I wonder if that’s why I had that delay issue. Maybe it would have gone away if I’d gotten ppm mode working? Oh well not going back to the vx at this point anyway so we’ll never know.

I’m pretty sure the vx2 doesn’t support ppm.

2 Likes

1 Like

Yeah it’s there but it doesn’t do anything. The vx2 reciever doesn’t have the same connector as the vx1 either.

True, but that’s not what it is about.

Was the statement, which is “wrong”. It does support ppm, just not out of the box.

1 Like

Ooh, I need to try changing the esc setting, thank you - will let you know how it went

Pretty sure if you connect the right pins and set the correct setting on the remote it does

I had tons of issues with my friend’s Vx2 also, it was a huge pain to get set up, honestly not even sure what I did that make it work properly

My experience everytime I use a VX2. Thank god those days are over.

1 Like

Yeah its only real benefit is the fact that it has telemetry, otherwise, vx1. lol

So i did figure it out. When i followed the setup video for my board they had the old version of vesc. So i didnt have values set for battery discharge and regen, so it makes perfect sense that it had 0 discharge and 0 regen so no power​:rofl::rofl::rofl: real big brain moment for me.

1 Like

Also i didnt need to switch the wires. I have it set to FESEC not focboc and the vesc set to UART and then just the values for your board.

1 Like