Help with flipsky vx2 on focbox unity

Yes. Not in the conventional way but yes. Also Im sorry Im horrible at punctuation and run on sentences. I get carried away with my thoughts. Im also horrible at spelling so I have to find work arounds for the word im thinking of. Auto correct only works if your in the ball park I cant sound things out. Enough about me ill try to correct that in the future.

I appreciate you sticking threw and trying to help.

Np. :slight_smile:

Is the input set up for your VESC? Because that can be an issue, as the VX2 requires no input setup from the VESC. Just go into the app settings tab “general” and set the app to use to “PPM and UART” and the raw throttle mode to “current control”. Thats it.

It would be the best if you wipe your VESC, then just do the motor detection, change those settings and save, reboot the vesc and the remote (it is already paired, right?) and it should work.

I tried PPM, PPM/UART, UART, I reset the focbox many times trying to figure it out. And clicked the A​:arrow_down: between changing those settings. Thats why I kinda think I messed the remote up some how. Also do you know how to restore the trip? Its at 99997 but literally haven’t put the case together.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

No idea how to restore the odometer, sorry. Is the remote connecting to the receiver in the first place?

Yes. The blue light goes solid. And has the 3 bars in the corner. But I think the board image should show the battery level but its blank/empty if that makes sense.

Well, at least the receiver is not broken.

Are your cables set up like this?

Don’t mind the small loop, I’m using a loop key to switch the esc on.

1 Like

Also which version have you bought? The version for V4 and Unity or the version for V6?

I only have screen shots from a video last night but I believe so. And yes im 99% sure I bought everything as a kit from propulsion boards so I assume its the right one.

okay, have you tried setting the remote to FOCBOX mode? Mine works in that mode. Also is the input currently set to PPM and UART and current control?

1 Like

Vx2 is super weird sometimes, you might need to flip the green and orange wires if you can’t get it to work

1 Like

@814glass hey there, did you figure out how to fix it? Because I have the same issue and over last ±5 hours didn’t figure it out and just at this point trying out stuff

Although I figured out that if you switch the green and orange wire the trip value will be zero as it should be, unfortunately remote still won’t be working :confused:

My VX2 wasn´t working also
I solved my problem, if you go to my post and see how I did it
I hope it can help

1 Like

Bro I also have a Demon 2.0 with FOCBOX and VXs have been nothing but trouble for me.
First VX2 was constantly disconnecting and second one works but has a 150ms delay between when I punch the throttle and when the wheels start turning. (VX1 didn’t have this issue).
If you don’t have another remote to compare against you might not notice this issue but once you’ve felt the instant response of a VX1 or something the VX2 straight up sucks (unless my replacement VX2 is also busted in some way that’s also possible).

I gave up on the VXs and switched to the remote Derelict Robot is selling. It’s theoretically only is beta right now and it’s expensive but damn it’s great it just works.

Not that helpful I know since you want your remote working now not a month from now.

Hope you can work it out.

Re the FOCBOX/FEVESC setting yeah even tho you have a FOCBOX you must NOT use the FOCBOX setting on the VX2 - that only works with old FOCBOX firmware that no one is using anymore. You gotta use the generic FEVESC setting.

Oh make sure your ESC remote setting is set to UART only NOT PPM and NOT UART+PPM the VX2 does not support ppm only UART.

It does

1 Like

Huh… Well in my case it didn’t. Still worth a try I’d say (switching to UART-only mode).

Unless… I wonder if that’s why I had that delay issue. Maybe it would have gone away if I’d gotten ppm mode working? Oh well not going back to the vx at this point anyway so we’ll never know.

I’m pretty sure the vx2 doesn’t support ppm.

2 Likes