Help us get justice for a tiktok user in the esk8 community!

Help share this to get justice for the tiktok user @eagertosucceed. Basically united airlines employees stole this guy’s custom board and equipment and they refused to give him proper compensation. (I hope this is the right topic to put it in)

4 Likes

I don’t think this thread is going to be very sympathetic

5 Likes

did it have a flight safe battery? or was there no battery?

1 Like

No, just put it in the luggage, I saw this video

4 Likes

Nothin adds up here. Zero evidence he had a travel safe battery, so it mostly seems like he screwed himself trying to fly with something that is prohibited…

5 Likes

What’s that popping sound? Does anyone else smell butter?

10 Likes

8 Likes

That’s exactly the case. I feel bad for him but he really should have googled anything

3 Likes

He’s an idiot. The battery in there is pretty damn big. He broke the law and is lucky he isn’t being hit with a massive fine.

Up to a $27000 fine. Smh

9 Likes

I wonder what his “innovation” is.

5 Likes

“… Electric skateboard that I invented”

I feel like this sums up why so many technical hobbies have legions of self proclaimed experts with inflated egos.

Unless you are designing and manufacturing your own Esk8 components, you are simply a hobbyist that is assembling parts. The ability to assemble a DIY Esk8 from parts is only sightly more technical than building a gaming PC.

Not throwing shade, just the facts of life.

34 Likes

I love it… the skateboard I invented

3 Likes

What? I saw my self as an inventor until just this moment. :face_exhaling:

8 Likes

He’s a cyborg… kinda like what zuck is :smiley:

1 Like

I agree with this, but don’t let that take away from having pride in your creations. Some of us may not be “inventors,” but we’re certainty builders, and we should take pride in that label. We are all in this hobby to create a board custom to our liking, and many of those configurations we put together have never been done before. So by all means, call yourself a damn inventor if you please, just don’t let your ego go crazy and its all cool.

10 Likes

Wait…did he have his DIY battery pack in the board, in his checked luggage?

If so, the airline did exactly what they should have. That guy endangered an entire plane full of people, including himself, because he didn’t want to deal with a few minutes of inconvenience?

20 Likes

Ya, inventing is a whole lot different than designing and manufacturing.

4 Likes

Back on topic here. There’s so much I don’t get about this.

Why was he trying to fly with such a big battery? Is he just stupid?

The airline has every right to not let him fly with it. But also there’s no excuse for not giving it back, even if he has some kind of Bill to pay to retrieve it.

11 Likes

That might be what’s happening…forcing him to take the legal route to recover the board, taking time and money as his “punishment”.

7 Likes

Or disposed as a danger.

3 Likes