HELP NEEDED. KINDA OF A NOOB

bought a switchblade ss from eboosted
have a 12s3p 40t
2/6374 180kv
tramps wand
focbox unity

Trying to figure so many thing out from comparable drive system and trucks if anybody can help it’s greatly appreciated. i do better via phone any help is needed

4 Likes

You’ve got tons of options for drive systems depending on budget. I think the cheapest high quality one is the Boardnamics belt drive system, you can get trucks from him too that are very good.

You should try to provide more information into what you’re looking for, and maybe try searching around on the forum for inspiration for a bit first.

4 Likes

country/location would be nice for us to figure out what’s local. @Boardnamics makes great stuff. Are you looking for reverse kingpin or double kingpin?

3 Likes

okay i’ve risen double kingpin on my beast. i liked but was hoping to go high end like trampa or matrix. but my board i bought doesn’t have the 35degree angle

i ride hard packed trails for mountain bikes and paved trails. these are trails in forest preserves of suburban chicago. 30 mph and same in range is good i like direct drive cause of the coast. belt or gear is my question. i’d like to be able to ride 115 rubber or 120 clouds like my beast has. or at. like 6-6.5”. 7/8/9 “ i feel to high in air plus’s my riding doesn’t need a ton of clearance so 6” is great but i will ride paved so i’d like to be able to switch it out. by th 80% will be at.
i love cnc machined parts. i’m in manufacturing and my brother sells haas machines so quality and engineering is a huge plus for me.
so i may have wrong board my battery might have slag with my motors. and so on.
I really just want a board that’s easy to fix good speed and range but. call me VAIN. but it’s got to look bad ass. i’m not spending a few gee to have a whatever. again any help is always appreciated to the most!!!

1 Like

Too high in air plus’? Like Apex airs, or what are you saying? I think the need for you to switch out wheels from pneumatics to thane is your main limiting factor in making this an easy desicion. I would choose between one or the other - go for an offroad board or thane board. You’ll notice once you actually have a board that you’ll not really want to bother switching out wheels anyway as it’s sorta just annoying to deal with.

1 Like

Total off sub I just find it kinda funny @Evwan (short circuit) is helping out johnny 5

6 Likes

I was looking for the right gif. Not too many short circuit ones. :joy:

4 Likes

so im feeling like short circuit is actually a reference to something that I’m missing. i wanted the title because i keep shorting batteries lmao

is it this?

4 Likes

like my carbon gt has 7” and i feel a mille up especially with stiff board. my bamboo on 6” is perfect height and clearance needed for my riding. i tried my beast on 120 and it’s just not happening off road. plus i need more torque so the direct drive won’t work plus clearance for motors i don’t know about the thame board or whatever other board. i think my ss board is okay for the battery but i’m thinking 12s6or8p 40t. also i’ve been told that i need a board with 35degree to get channel trucks which look and seem awesome being dkp will rely on board and pw tho give the suspension and that seems like just short of what i’ll need

1 Like

You watch them right fucking now. Or we are taking your title away.

3 Likes

these films are twice as old as me lmao sure

1 Like

Yes, the bots name is Johnny 5. I saw it in theaters when I was a kid. Great stuff.

2 Likes

ohhhhh thats funny :rofl:

sorry for derailing your thread @johnny5

1 Like

how old are u kids!!! lol

1 Like

im 17, the movie is 35 years old

1 Like

We have a few babies. There are quite a few of us grampas on here too.

2 Likes

I’ll take the blame that’s on me.

1 Like

39 and just started this addiction few months ago. already had beast gtr gt baja g4x phantom. now i’m trying to build. we will see

1 Like

What is your approx location, are you US?

palatine. northwest suburb chicago

1 Like