Help me solve my seemingly unsolveable problem.

Noted!

1 Like

Also happens with a remote over UART.

Those resistance and inductance values look pretty high to me when it claims it’s sensored. I’m guessing you’ve swapped motors and sensor wires side to side to test?

1 Like

These values are from the hubs, so maybe…thats why?

my 6374s look much better

grafik

2 Likes

Pretty sure that’s the values i get on a failed motor detection. Wtf is happening there

2 Likes

You should try to go to the experiments menu and do a sweep in different modes. I think it is a bench test issue, since DCCL will scale down the amp/torque towards the Dutycycle max.
Before the software managed to get super high torque at full RPM, you had a natural loss of torque towards the end of the speed range of the motor. That is why you do not see the issue on older FW.
Now we can get high torque at full duty and that results in a sudden loss of acceleration when you hit max RPM. This is why the current controller scales down the power at the point that you define in the software. 85% has proven to be a good value. You basically fade out the torque. However, on the bench this can cause some funny results, as you don’t drain many amps at full speed. Basically you drain No-Load Current only. If the VESC scales that current down, you might see that the motor drops out until it spins slower again. When you use the keyboards controls, you are not in current control mode but duty cycle mode. That’s why it has a clean result. Once you use the remote you define current control and the “issue” gets visible.

3 Likes

I will say this could be noise in the current measurements and probably wont happen with you riding

At no load the currents are so low that we are on the limit of what the current shunts can measure cleanly, and it leads to this weird behavior, of it trying to control the motor to no exceed the 85% duty but not having a clean signal to work with

@Deodand could say for sure

3 Likes

i have no idea what it all means or does inside that tab.

So your suggestion would be to buckle up and do a real world test.

If it works… then it works i guess?

I know where the tab is, but don’t know what it does, what values i should use, what I’m supposed to see once something is runs. etc

it sweeps the Duty or Current or RPM in steps.
Example:
Current from zero to 5A in x steps. Ramp this up in 10 second time (TS).

1 Like

Those look right in line with my similarly sized motors so that’s reassuring.

2 Likes

Id like to add, in addition to the noise problem, i also have a weird speed problem from one side. In 85% duty cycle current limit start, the CAN side or slave side whatever, it almost reaches top speed (unloaded) but then slowly drops. From any amount of throttle input, the motors are never close to stopping at around the same time. so its like one side is getting less current than the other side but ive set motor and battery current the same to both side. Then i set to 100% and both side can reach unloaded top speed and stay there no problem and the motors sync up much better. I can feel a speed decrease and slightly less torque in higher speeds while riding in 85%.

Again: Bench test do not give you any clue. You need load. Your ESC is current controlled.

1 Like

@xsynatic have u tried switching the motors so right motor with left side vesc and left with right side or vice versa? I tried this and somehow fix my problems i think. I dont have my speed issue anymore and i dont hear or see anymore of the clicks/crackles and still on 85%. If i switch back tho i get the problems again. Shoulda started with this, tho i have a feeling its gonna comeback soon.

3 Likes

i don’t think i have.

I’ll try it later.

1 Like

4 Likes

same for you, sorry babe for missing it :pleading_face:

1 Like

Yeah LoL I didn’t suggest it either because @Venom121212 already had :rofl:

3 Likes

@Venom121212

Swapped them around, redid the detection, same result.

1 Like