Help me solve my seemingly unsolveable problem.

in my case i turned off the remote, restarted the vesc and redid the motor detection. Then it worked.

1 Like

Remote off and vesc restart should have been enough.
You can use the control tab, set opacity lower, go to live tab and make it accelerate to see if it’s still happening with no remote in. 5A will likely be enough to bring it to 95% duty cycle

1 Like

did already. Went snooth on both occasions (dccls 0.85 and 1)

1 Like

Use current. Duty controls duty, current goes as fast as the vesc can go and the remote is almost certainly on current control

Maybe just update the software again and keep everything at default and just do the setup? That always works for me. Then you start changing one after another and test every time.

1 Like

Not sure how many times i need to update the firmware.

I always change settings after the fact, except if its necessary for the detection.

Same as with duty, goes to max speed (43km/h) without any sounds

1 Like

I always have the feeling it gets stranger the longer I mess around :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Okay… is that with both 85% and 95% current limit starts?

1 Like

Yes

I tried it with the remote again and it crackles at 0.85.

Put it back at 1 and it stopped.

1 Like

Is the remote connected as uart or ppm?

It looks to me that it only crackles with the remote at 85% duty limit start from this

1 Like

correct, 0.85 DCCLS.

I’ll test the other firmwares again to make sure it’s all the same.

Remote is PPM.

is this familiar to you? (top post)
@Shawnl55

1 Like

You have to go to “App Settings” > “PPM” > “General” > “Control Type” and change that to “Off”, then

1 Like

Exactly + the weird speed thing. But im on 5.1 if that makes a difference.

1 Like

Same noise but not a severe. U gotta listen for it a little bit.

1 Like

The vesc tool removes the 0 so you’re on 5.01 and not 5.1

1 Like

Oh. Has anyone found a solve? Im guessing not from the title.

Not yet I’m afraid.

Technically the solution would be to set it back at 1 instead of 0.85 but we would risk kissing the street at full speed so… it’s not the solution i was hoping for. Waiting on @Trampa to chime in.