Help me ID this motor sound PLZ!

Hi, everyone, found this thread so I’ll just post my question here as its related to motors making wired sounds :smiley: I’m pretty sure its a loose magnet. It sounds like something is hitting some other thing in the can :slight_smile: Can this be repaired by noob like me? I have seen people epoxying magnets. But I have so many questions. Taking the motor apart seams straight forward but what than? Which epoxy should I use, do I have to takeout all the magnets, just the loose one…ect…?

Not being able to start it with the remote is a problem. Are you using sensors? If so, unhook them for troubleshooting and try unsensored, monitor results.

What firmware version?

Try a BLDC hand test. See if there is a clicking noise then.

It started making that clicking noise when I released the throttle and engaged it back again. While constantly accelerating or trying to maintain speed or while coasting there was no sound. The throttle wouldn’t engage in reverse form standstill. I still had brakes tho. I’ll try running without sensor cables when I come home. Sorry I have no idea what firmware version I have. Its a Flipsky 4.12 esc :slight_smile: Sorry for my ignorance, why is the firmware version important? I haven’t changed it recently…

IMHO chances are high it’s a loose magnet, but definitely not guaranteed.

Sometimes the newer firmware versions have issues with clicking noises, though not sure this matches up exactly with that scenario.

1 Like

Ok. Thanks…I’ll come back when I check the motor.

So turns out everything works again as it should. I just took of my enclosure end one of the phase wires has been loose (bullet connector not fully connected). Looks like that was the culprit. Haven since taped it to prevent it from rattling or puling apart and no issues since.

1 Like