Help diagnose clicking in motor

Im trying to figure out why the right side motor has an audible sort of clicking sound. It appears to be in sync with the roght led ln the vesc as the led flickers along with the clicking. Could this be a voltage issue or issue with the vesc? The other side is programmed the exact same with no issues. (I have dual 6355 motors from torqueboard and 2 flipsky 4.20 vescs with a 10s4p battery)

1 Like

I should also mention it only does this going forward not in reverse

1 Like

My uneducated guess is that that is indeed vesc related… You showing the led light flickering in sync with that motorsound points all arrows in that direction…

It is normal as you’re hitting the duty cycle limit. Afaik it does not appear when actually riding the board.

2 Likes

thats what i kinda assumed but this is also my first time using a belt driven system so i wanted to be safe. i usually run hubs but the roads and sidewalks near me are shit and keep damaging the motors and wheels lol

oh god no not that loud. irl it isnt an intense sound but its noticeable. but just noticed that it only does it when i go full throttle on the remote. doesnt do it at half

Sounds about right.

All good then.

Something else i noticed… your battery has a nickel strip hanging loose with the discharge wire attached? This is not safe

thats only cause of the way i have the top panel sitting up lol. when the top panel is down it sits nice and firm. probably a dumb idea for me to have it sitting up like it is lol but ill probably glue it down just in case. Thank you for pointing that out!

This is what i mean by sitting up

Dont judge my bms wires just laying there xD im too lazy to make it look pretty

uuuuh is you discharge running through that single 10mm nickel strip? that is NOT safe…

Like that shit will start to glow red when you accelerate hard.

3 Likes

Being lazy can result in a fire if all goes wrong. If they short out while rubbing against each other then the messy wires aren’t your only problem.

2 Likes

the bms is bypassed so its charge only and thats the only way i can run the discharge wire. its been going just fine and ive rode probable over 100 miles on that with no issues

everything is properly insulated and avoiding any sharp edges. the middle of the 2 parts of the battery is also sealed on each side so nothing can make contact with the positive and negative leads of any cell

The bms isn’t the issue, running all your battery amps through that single nickel strip is.

2 Likes

its all the enclosure allows me to do. best i can do is make it a strip thicker but its been running fine for a long while ive never had any issues and its been on some pretty rough terrain

Yeah nah, more like you’ve been lucky so far. :smiley:

Screenshot 2022-08-21 225600

1 Like

Making the nickel wider is actually the best solution. Like 3 times as wide.

1 Like

i mean im not really having issues with it but im not going to say youre wrong either as i dont know too much about this particular subject so i will take ur advice

1 Like