Help diagnose clicking in motor

What’s the ampere limit per side you’ve set in your vesc?

19 amps is the max battery current set

Alright that puts you high in dangerous territory. I’d say at least 30mm nickel for your main discharge would be advisable.

i just checked my bag of strips they are 0.15mm thick actually and i have a shit ton of them lyin around so i could just solder 2 together

Better is to weld them on side by side, but really anything that’s better than status quo is good. :smiley:

1 Like

thats a better idea lol saves me time

1 Like

The question is if it makes any difference if the source is still thin? If he only connects the new nickel to the part we see below then it doesn’t make sense in the first place, he has to connect it to the main nickel piece coming from the cell.

Oh yeah maybe I should have clarified that.

@Rhythm Just to make sure, you need to connect the additional nickel strips to the cells directly. :smiley:

Also if all the other series connections in the battery are a single piece of 0.15x10mm nickel, then fixing that B- one isn’t going to solve a whole bunch, except that it just won’t be the first piece to break or catch something on fire.

1 Like

True, but at least they are on battery terminals which will take some heat away from them (ok that this is also not good). :smiley:

1 Like

hey are you doing ? after the modification use some ducktape to hold the battery box in place (for fews minute i think it can hold it up :laughing: but not recommended ) take a ride and bring a infrared thermomitor and check the heat of new the modified nickel plate , you can also check the heat from all the connection , cells , etc …