Head Horse electric skateboard scam

Some guy just came to my esk8 group in Dallas trying to sell. Been seeing these electric devices popping up. But after some digging found out these weren’t what they seem. And so I wanted to sound off the alarm for everyone to know.

Part 1

Part 2

One of the demos of this scam

TL;DW

Asshole is selling this as a “military grade electric skateboard” claiming it was used by swat officers and what not for +$2000 that aren’t electric skateboards at all. They’re dummy haulers used for calf roping practice. The description looks like it was written by a 5 year old…

2 Likes

What is the TL;DW for the videos? Or a transcript?

5 Likes

Hahah sorry, basically it’s being sold as an electric skateboard but it was never made as one. Some asshole Is selling then as one for $2,000. It’s a device for calf roping practice

3 Likes

Lol this is the same garbage that this one guy on reddit bought… Could be the same guy, even :thinking:

1 Like

That thing is ugly AF. Why would anyone even?

Those are some beefy motors tho!

4 Likes

There’s at least 3 guys I’m aware of trying to sell it. We mainly put thos video out to educate newbs of esk8.

2 Likes

Did u read the description? Holy shit, it’s like a 5 year old wrote it

“The weight limit is 500 pounds and has been used to carry Swat Officers in full gear.”

Lol yeah, this is probably what USMC use to ride into battle as well :rofl:

It’s amazing that the builder is obviously aware of Trampa gear but somehow still ended up with this monstrosity

3 Likes

I’ve got a huge 10” offroad style board I got for $500 2wd version of this same drivetrain same motors beefy stuff for sure very archaic speed control and needs a new battery I used it when I went onto moreton island

How is it a scam? I mean it’s shit but I’m confused as to how it’s a scam

1 Like

This will explain

Mind doing a tldr. Can’t hear shit with how far you are from the mic

2 Likes

Hahah sorry, basically it’s being sold as an electric skateboard but it was never made as one. Some asshole Is selling then as one for $2,000. It’s a device for calf roping practice.

And where can we see this being sold as such?
(As a calf rope training tool)

Someone here locally is selling one for $400, but they’re actually advertising it for what it is. Worth the buy? Hate the remote :rofl:

1 Like

any pics available? of the advertisement as a calf roping device i mean.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Oh…my…god…
“Brb gotta go get shot on my board”

5 Likes

That description is honest as hell

1 Like

and he would have gotten away with it all too if it weren’t for you darned kids!

2 Likes

It runs on acid batteries :joy:

Love the design. If you break something, you can lay down on your way to the hospital

8 Likes