HASH | Lightweight AT | Landyachtz Falcon | Dual 6355 | Avio AT Drive | 10s4p 30Q | Unity

It’s an aluminum heatsink, so there’s no hole. It’s not necessary if you dont ride hard as the ESC won’t get very warm.

2 Likes

And what happens if you ride very hard, e.g. long distances uphill, and the Foc box gets hot and you do not have a heatsink? What problems can arise?

Chances are the ESC will start to thermal throttle, meaning it’ll start to lose it’s power, and you will notice this as 50% throttle on your remote may feel like 20%, something along those lines. I’ve never had it thermal throttle on the Unity before so you should be alright. The Unity has a heatsink of it’s own at the back already, but the extra material helps.

1 Like

Awesome and inspiring build (don’t know if I said that already)!

2 Likes

Thank you! (don’t know if i thanked you already)!

3 Likes

A few months ago I removed the MK1 gear drives to retrofit it to trampa trucks. So I got a set of MK2 gear drives also by @avX to hook them on these. Better ground clearance and slightly higher top speed, why not?

I managed to shave off a bit of weight so it weighs in at 9.5kg now. Great!

7 Likes

Absolutely love it!! No one makes this config and it’s exactly what I want. Short(ish), lightweight, AT comfort, under deck motors. Something easy to tote on the train or bus and cruise urban enviros. Not long range or high speed but that’s not needed for many settings.
I may copycat you! Thanks for the informative post

2 Likes

What is the height of the riser pads you used?

After a few years, got an upgrade. I changed t he battery pack to a newly built 10s3p P42A, with a LLT smart BMS. I also got the Metr for Unity so i can link my BMS with it.

At some point, i used the Hollow wheels on this board, and it feels like a more nimble TB110.

Then, Luuk’s Hubs finally came so i installed it on here, Since the the gear drive has an adapter that fits Kegel/Abec.

10 Likes

Oh yea, these hubs are the shit.
The stretched width didn’t really affect the range all too much also. I might change to the clevers once these set of berg tyres bald out.

These are my stats after a 11km ride

Oops, gotta change my Metr name

6 Likes