HASH | Lightweight AT | Landyachtz Falcon | Dual 6355 | Avio AT Drive | 10s4p 30Q | Unity

Aaahaha that got me, lol for real. Was it a pain removing the frit?

Paint thinner on an old shirt, laid it over the deck and waited for about 10 mins. It softens everything up, including the 2k clear coat, then i just used a spatula scraper and scraped majority of it off. A couple more times with the paint thinner on a cleaner rag to wipe off the remaining paint and it’s some light sanding to get it bare again.

3 Likes

Alternatively, this stuff will take off just about anything. Chemical-proof gloves are a must.

Love your build, its beautiful :wink:

3 Likes

Sweeeeet! I really dig that chameleon paint job you did! Do you have a source for that paint online? Is there a certain workflow to apply the paint so that it “shifts” uniformly? Inspiring work Linford!

Thank you! The paint brand I use is local so if you want to get the same brand in your area it might be tricky. If you would like to get a brand that’s closer to home, search up terms like chameleon color shift paint and see what pops up. It’ll either come in a mix for a spray gun/airbrush, or hopefully in a can form.

Just spray it over an undercoat of black evenly like how you would with any other paint, and it will be nice and even.

2 Likes

Thanks!!

I have several questions
what did you use to strip the paint on the enclosure?
Is the bedliner easy to get even and what brand did you use?
What did you use to seal between the enclosure and the deck?
What size braided sleeves did you use on your motor wires

I used paint thinner and a cloth to wipe the paint off.

The bedliner i used comes in a can, so it sprays easily like a normal spray can would.

I used a D shape window seal for the enclosure. I pasted it on the deck, not the enclosure.

For the sleeves, i use 12mm but i think 10mm would work also, 12mm is comfortable but still has space when expanded.

2 Likes

Why do people use drop down decks with spacers, could someone explain what’s the advantage over standard deck

1 Like

For my case, i had to add a little for enclosure clearance, if not it might scrape the ground when going up steep speed bumps. Dropdown decks for esk8, i’d say it helps lock the feet in, rather than help with deck height as much. It does help tho don’t get me wrong, but i use it mostly for the ability of the drop curves to lock my feet in because that’s where they stand.

4 Likes

Have you tried drilling the holes pre bedliner which is easier

I would recommend that actually.

Cant remember why I sprayed it first but a flat smooth surface would be easier definitely

2 Likes

I remember one of my first builds, I copied the bed liner idea on an enclosure, but when I tried drilling the holes after letting 3 coats dry I was thinking “hmmm. Fucking linny”

6 Likes

Paste a layer of masking tape over and try drilling again, use a 2mm drill bit and then increase to your desired diameter

1 Like

What’s your opinion or review on the bedliner spray? How do you strip black paint off plastic?

Bedliner spray lasts much longer and is a lot more scratch resistant than normal paint. I used a rag with paint thinner and wiped the surface till all paint was gone.

1 Like

2 Likes

Nice, NICE, NICE

1 Like

Also, an update to this thread, i took out the MK1 gear drive to fit it onto another build, i’ll be getting the Avio MK2 gear drive soon and hook it up.

3 Likes

The holes you made in the enclosure are for cooling/ventilating the FOC box, right? Is this necessary? Can water come in through these openings or are they sealed?