Has anyone experience with "QWIK Trucks" quick release baseplates?

This looks very interesting to me:

does anyone already use them on eskate?

2 Likes

I haven’t used them, but I wouldn’t trust them. If you truck comes off then there is nothing you can do to recover. You’re sent flying with no warning before hand as the board comes to a complete stop but you keep moving. Which is too big of a risk at esk8 speeds.

That is all ignoring the fact that you’d need to buy several of their base plates just to make this worth it for a quick swap. otherwise you still have to take time to bolt your truck onto their plate. $33 a set for the truck half is a little steep imo

1 Like

im too scared of doing it wrong to trust this, plus i found trucks that never speed wobble,im good .

1 Like

yes. I share the concerns for going on speed with these things!

but for fun-boards, it maybe convenient for changing the front trucks.
maybe I will get weak the next days and order a set of them… :wink:

1 Like

100% this

1 Like

austin-powers-dangerously

1 Like

So far, I haven’t needed to quickly swap trucks.

You know what works really well for quickly swapping trucks?

ltt store dot com

2 Likes

Don’t necessarily think this is a dangerous idea, looks like a seatbelt type catch x 2…yeah yeah I know with vibrations.

The thing about esk8 is you have various equipment besides wheels hanging off said trucks which kinda makes this pointless here

A $69 back ordered screwdriver? Well I’ll be dipped in :dog2: :poop:

What items do they have for $420?

1 Like

The best!

3 Likes

It’s a ratchet screwdriver, maybe one of the best but it’s $69 which I don’t get

Once you work with it for a while and realize how nice having a nearly zero-friction ratchet is – it’s definitely worth it. It saves me so much time these days when I’m assembling a drivetrain or enclosure

3 Likes

hmmm zero friction sounds interesting.
how about the “play” between rachtet steps? is that also better?

Your honor I submit the 5Nm electric driver of screws, $28 & can resolve your family matters

2 Likes

hehe… I have on of those… bought it for faster removal of the 16 m5 case screws…
but these are very slow :frowning: its faster by hand.

1 Like

Slow eh? I haven’t received it yet, fed up with bolts tbh

1 Like

love my Bosch ixo

also can use attachments

3 Likes

If you want fast speed, I recommend a 2-gear machine.
My favorite is this one:

grafik

this a professional brand. very good quality.
less then 90$ :wink:

1 Like

Yall talking about screwdrivers is off topic but

On the topic of quik, they have been used by many regular skaters and tbh, doing tricks on a skateboard seems like a way harder use case to me than a longboard with big urethane wheels

On the other hand, idk why I would want these on an electric longboard, unless it was a Revel Kit.

1 Like