Harmonic 6384 flipsky (BN branded)

Theres a noisy harmonic on the new BN 6384’s i just put on the board, only happens at about 35km/h which annoyingly is about bang on my cruising speed. It disappears about 40+ km/h

Anyone know what causes this and if it can be silenced? Not sure i can live with that level of irritation for the next year or so.

Tried to search for similar but couldnt really find anything

2 Likes

Sounds norm. This is with belts I am guessing.

Search flipsky resonance on the forum. I just ended up buying different motors :person_shrugging:

4 Likes

Shitting shit monkeys… fuk i hate flipsky… i bought these some time ago and i have regrets…

Wow, I knew this was a thing with them screeching, but yours really harmonize like crazy. I’m surprised it goes away at 40+ km/h. Cool!

I mean, not cool. Feels bad man

Dang, I thought we were about to get some badass sounding motors.

1 Like

Fuck flipsky. Buy Saite motors if you want cheap and good.

they just take forever to get to u :rofl:

Yep, had this too. I didnt have to put up with it for long though as i killed the motors pushing too high amps anyway lol

We will see, i just ordered 2 days ago, the clock is ticking

1 Like

i will probably try saite also if i start a new build

1 Like

I’m also experiencing this but more around 30-35mph but on lower speeds everything sounds normal…with a set of Flipsky 6384 190 using BN M1 GD :thinking:

it’ll be 245kv from Liam :laughing:

1 Like

How many amps do i need to push at them to kill them :laughing: i might as well have some fun with them

If theres a bright side, people really hear me coming

Lol yeah thats the opposite end of the economy

I had magnets slip on both of mine when pushing 120A per motor.

2 Likes

I had some FS 190kv 63100 motors on the research treadmill and they had some really bad harmonics every 3000 RPM, had an issue with a loose shaft (axial play) so maybe check that?

When I saw the title I thought someone put a harmonic strain weave speed reducer on a motor and was really excited :sob:

1 Like

I edited the title to more accurately describe

i had to google what that is, and i still don’t know what it is :joy:

They use this concept

Gear-StrainWave-631702632

I have one here, they are really awesome. You can get super high reductions from them. One of the metal gears actually flexes during operation.

2 Likes