Hangers with end nut vs shoulder bolts

I use these trucks on a set of gear drives for quite awhile now and abuse it quite a bit as well as offroad, the mounts have not moved at all since installation.

I guess with what Jeff said is true, a torque wrench will tighten all the grub screws well and hold rather well.

Watch the 6 min mark

5 Likes

If you can put an elephant on it. I’d say that’s pretty spectacular. :elephant: 360 mounting is nice.

4 Likes

What’s with all the mounting options? 5 sets of holes vs 4?

Just more adjustment when mounting.
One of my adjustable baseplates are similar. Really convenient. Wish more baseplates were like that

1 Like

More adjustment is never a bad thing!

2 Likes

I’m partial to shoulder bolts because of the replace ability and custom lengths based on what wheels/drive train you need to fit. Rusting threads and being careful with grub screws are the 2 big issues I found.

BTW Timo the new trucks look great. I originally wasn’t a fan of the OG black matted look but these shiny colors got me going.

1 Like

:star_struck: hoooo my …!!! they’re alive !!
Gorgeous stuff once again.
Did the new design (ends of the hanger) change the total lenght of the hanger? Or total length (with axel)?

Good continuation :smiley: :+1:

1 Like

hi @Riako:
the Kahua v2 is exactly the same length…you can see that we have changed the area where the motor mount sits by removing the big slanted chamfer.

1 Like

Will you offer different baseplate angle? Only 50deg?

1 Like

While it’s not the cheapest solution these do work wonderfully with hammock adjustable baseplates.

1 Like

Hi @XTLA: for the time being the 50 degree faceplate was just a test batch. there are no plans in the foreseeable future to make other baseplates with different/adjustable degrees. As @stratoglide pointed out, there are some really nice baseplates made by fellow forum members that are compatible with the Kahua trucks.

3 Likes