Hangers with end nut vs shoulder bolts

Do you think it would be possible to make a modular skateboard hanger that bolts together so the solid single axle is removable?

1 Like

Yeah you right. The reason IMO for this happening is because you cannot see your thread engagement with shoulder bolts. How the hell are you supposed to know if your bolt is holding on with 2 threads or 7? M6/M8 aluminum threads donā€™t strip this easily normally with good engagement

Once I release my trucks, I will include spacers that guarantee a good thread engagement. Otherwise, you have to count the turns and rely on feel, a recipe for stripping threads

2 Likes

I donā€™t think a single axle makes any sense other than casted trucks. Iā€™m assuming, thatā€™s why they donā€™t exist with ANY precision trucks.

Adjustable axles seem to be tested and shoulder bolts are also good too the only downside would be the stripping of the hanger. So for precision, adjustable axles and/or shoulder bolts is a better option.

5 Likes

I think in that case, you could just get rid of the removable parts completely and use a 12mm+ axle only, Carvon-style.

Problem is if you wanted to mount motorsā€¦ the axles would need to be square except on the endsā€¦

1 Like

I tightened them all the way in, measured the space, and added 1mm more than that as spacer ā€” using 1mm speed washers and 7mm junk-skate-bearing inner-races

So they are threaded all the way in except for 1mm

4 Likes

My wheel came off during a turn onceā€¦ turns out there are no treads left on the locknutā€¦

Friendly reminder to check locknut frequently.

6 Likes

Half the point is to have adjustable truck widths.

2 Likes

5 Likes

I put some rubber guard there

2 Likes

@XTLA Why ?

Question is:
Why Not?

5 Likes

Just to protect it haha :laughing:

2 Likes

I just thought that there was a thick urethane plate sandwiched there, now its a strip going around the exterior, sorry my mistake :+1::pray:

2 Likes

Haha ya a bumper strip

Sorry off topic, what im about to show you is what i did with my axle :grin:.

5 Likes

Your axle looks so cool man :+1::smile:

:blush: Just some idea

1 Like

I like those

The Kahua truck is made for speed on any terrain! It is the combination of a forged and precision milled hanger with super-strong 12mm diameter / 8mm stepped axles and a 50-degree baseplate.
340mm total truck width with axles made of extremely strong carbon steel.
The Kahua trucks will be sent out fully pre-assembled. It is not recommended to remove the axles from the hanger as we have used strong Loctite on the grub screws keeping the axles in place.

4 Likes

I really want a set of these hangers.
Iā€™ve got caliber adjustable baseplates to match them with.

2 Likes

Yeah, it will be perfect :ok_hand: they look like another level of trucks,
like real futuristic eskate truck this way! Like a spaceship :fire:

They are the wider RKP available out there, no? (except MTB trucksā€¦).

3 Likes

You think timo would sell me just hangers?

1 Like