Hall sensors aftermarket modification

When they’re not damaged they work every time every launch.

What you’re talking about is the one day they stop working which is an abrupt giant change that extremely noticeable and once it’s broken it stays that way.

HFI on the other hand is hit or miss the entire time.

What does not happen is perfectly good sensors stuttering or sometimes not detecting or sometimes not be able to get you over a certain incline. When they work they work 100% of the time. And they keep working until water or salt or intense heat are introduced. If you can avoid these things your sensors will stay working and when they break nothing bad happens you just have to change some settings.

3 Likes

Well to be fair the sensor failures I’ve experienced are usually the cables breaking

2 Likes

That’s my problem they don’t have them at all.

I’ve reached out to a couple of motor manufacturers to see if they can give me a part #

Oh hm… I’ll see if I can look but I’m not sure if they would be the same as the maytech ones I had

1 Like

I’m not sure whether it would matter what manufacture they are. I assume the do the same job, but could be wrong.

1 Like

I think this is what I got actually

Works great in my friend’s maytech motor. We epoxied it in so it couldn’t break off again

Making statements like this will only cause you to fit in here.

4 Likes

I think I’m to far gone I’ve already ordered stuff for another build.

2 Likes

Oh so did you just re solder to the pcb?

Yep it was pretty easy. The old one had broken off because a rock got in the back of the can

1 Like

Ah simple enough then, I’m looking in to fitting a complete unit including PCB as I have none at all on the motors at present.

1 Like

i do have to say when is was using hfi on my sk3s the start up was pretty good. i just used trampas video on turning hfi on and i used 120 motor amps and there was not a piece of terrain i couldn’t get over, BUT hfi does have it’s issues and i have switched back to my sensored motors because of them