Hall sensor issue : need help

If the motor is not detected correctly, the ESC can’t spin the motor slowly in order to detect the sensors.
The motor might not be super easy to detect and you might need to go to the FOC tab and do a manual detection, and play with these values a bit. For example shoot 40A if the motor can handle that or increase duty to 0.4 or lower ERPM to 1000 or use 3000 etc.
Once you have one motor detected, you can note down the values and apply them to the other motor and carefully try. Sometimes motor need half or a quarter of the observer gain. Some others need 2x the observer gain.

Then you can go to the Sensor tab and do a manual sensor detection.

A good way to detect if the motor runs well is going into real time data and watch out for current ripples as seen here. Increase the power very very slowly and watch the RT data. If the current shoots up and ripples, stop immediately! Like as fast as you can! Adjust your settings and try again until those ripples are gone.

The latest BETA should generate the best detection values BTW.

8 Likes

@Trampa, thank you so much for your help.

Actually it’s a two parts issue.

First, the shrink solder sleeve seals are not very good. Some of them performed cold joints.

I put this type of connector again, but I took more care. Now it works. I used 26 connectors of this type for the PSYCHOFRAME, and I didn’t really want to do all the soldering. If if I had to start over, I would only do real welds.

Second, I can not get sensor detection with FW5.2 and FW5.3. I get a timeout error every time. I works only with 5.1.

I have to disconnect sensors to make FOC detection works with FW5.2 and FW5.3 (sensorless).

2 Likes

Great to see you could figure it out in the end :ok_hand::muscle:

1 Like

You can detect the sensors in a second procedure. Detect motor first, then the sensors.