Haero e-specific mountainboard deck

Okay guys,

So it is

• Shape: more wide belly and more skinny nose
    and tail

• One deck with bottom inserts and a fitting - bottom case for those carver builts (nothing easier than than that!)

And a top case deck with

• Inserts for the top case

• Channels for the cables
    (what do you guys think about pre installed wires instead attached to inserts inside the deck. 6 wires from the middle to the nose and 6 wires from the middle to the tail. So you could have the esc in the middle or on the tail) you could tap the voltage from the inserts than using a ring cable shoe or a banana connector. Sensor wires would not be possible this way.

15 Likes

while this sounds dope - I think it might raise the price and also not everyone has the same wiring goals. Channels are something we can cut if needed imo

Everything else sounds amazing. Man I wasn’t supposed to spend money on esk8 in 2021… :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Yeah true but not everyone has the ability to cleanly do this. I’m a fan of the channels but not the wires

I love the inserts in the center idea, I’m about to install inserts into my own deck, so if it was there already that would have been great. I’d say around m5 or so is good? What do yall think

3 Likes

Definitely a good point, pre installed wires would be expensive for sure!

Only channels will be cheaper in production

What are different wiring goals? With 6 wires each side I think we’ll get all wiring goals sorted? And a little channel for the sensor wires could be added too!

2 Likes

Cutting your own channels also means opening the woodcore. We would manufacture the channels filled with PU Material so the deck stays waterproof

9 Likes

M6 is a standard Snowboard Insert, we use the same for the Bindings

6 Likes

I mean in the extreme of 4wd, I’d say the absolute max is 6x 10awg cable (pretty rare on motors, usually it’s 12awg) as well as two sets of sensor wires, usually wrapped to about the same size as 1x 10awg

This would be front and back. Also, if we had channels, we could easily just run the power wires through the channel for a rear tail mount ESC

Ah good to know

1 Like

6 wires from the middle to the tail and 6 wires from the middle to the nose and you’ll be sorted! You could choose to put the esc wherever you want, nose tail middle and you could even install a speedometer to the nose and a esc to the tail.
2 power wires from the battery to the esc and 4 wires from the esc to the speedometer. Or esc on the middle box and the 6 wires to the 2 motors. And sensor wires could be in an additional channel in the middle

3 Likes

Would you make up for the compromised strength by lining the channels with gf or something?

1 Like

Just stronger fibres on the bottom of the deck and that’s it.

3 Likes

Ah nice okay

Pre installed inserts for enclosures either top or bottom would be sweet!

this is good point - do you think you could cut them under the deck so that those who are doing street carver builds can cover them with an enclosure?

2 Likes

The ones who do street carvers with bottom cases won’t need channels wouldn’t they?

3 Likes

I think he said there could be multiple versions of the deck - one meant for top mounted enclosure and one for bottom mounted ones.

1 Like

I’m trying to save everyone some money - less versions should equal less final cost per board plus should equal more money in Haero’s pocket as well since more of their net stock would be sold. IE everyone picks the same model therefore there are less variations left unsold.

nope not really imo at least. I run all my wires pretty much right outta the enclosure

3 Likes

Not sure if I imagine it right, but wouldn’t it be hard to isolate those terminals from each other against shorts when you ride through mud, rain or just in wet conditions.

Let’s say we have that covered but how will stay secret until now :wink:

5 Likes

I’ve been waiting for this, can’t wait! :blush:

3 Likes

Would be nice to be able to use Trampa trucks too, currently the barrels/springs can’t be adjusted. They are fixed on the outer position so turning for me is a big problem

1 Like