Haero e-specific mountainboard deck

Allright guys, I think that’s a topic all you guys are waiting for!

I ordered another 100 Decks batch and considering implementing some of your Ideas to a part of the decks of the batch.

So go ahead and shoot me your Ideas!

What I am allready working on is working on custom cases for the top and the bottom of the decks including fitting inserts in the deck

What are your ideas for changes on the deck?

29 Likes

Considering this would be targeted at the DIY community where everyone’s idea on what a board should be like is different, I say channels going to the front and back of the deck, big enough to fit 6 motor wires + sensors.
Everything else leave it to us to mess up :smile:

12 Likes

I would recommend that for the top boxes that you bolt straight through the deck, rather than relying on inserts.

6 Likes

You can also fit inserts from the bottom.
That way you can use countersunk screws inside the enclosure so that nothing is sticking out.

8 Likes

Yeah or this. I just think there needs to be some sort of flange on the bottom face of the deck.

These inserts are really strong. The bindings are attached to them! They’re embedded in the core of the deck, not just screwed in. I like the idea of top mount mounting positions.
Also need the option of a straight back foot or slightly positive angle mounting position.
Like a snowboard binding or some ski inserts.

9 Likes

I can make you inserts like this on my lathe.
SmartSelect_20200509-140043_Samsung Notes

5 Likes

That’s what the inserts are like but set in the core of the deck.

5 Likes

As long as there is flange i am happy. Inside or out.

I just modify these sex bolts to my needs and desires.

8 Likes

Best is just to epoxy some nuts, the material on inserts is total shit compared to a proper nut in my experience

I stripped the threads of like half nuts on my deck because just of the board slightly flexing and the enclosure being too stiff

1 Like

I second what @taz said. Cable channel from the center to front and back. Wide and deep enough to fit 6x 12AWG and the sensor wires.
If needed than in the area of the cut out some stronger layer to don’t affect the deck stability.

I‘m not a fan of fixed top battery box. I like to be able to take off the batteries after a ride to store and charge them save away from the rest of the board. Maybe some kind of quick lock mechanism for the battery box would be nice.
Disclaimer: that makes for sure only sense if the esc is mounted separately.

4 Likes

Relying? Inserts are tough man… I mean Snowboarders relying on them to hold their body weight! But sure drilling trough a deck is a easy DIY thing so nothing we should prepare right?

7 Likes

Glyphiks is probably thinking about this type of insert or similar which can come out if unglued or the material delaminates around it.
From what I understand your inserts are different.

1 Like

A little wider in the belly and no inserts. Leave that up to us!

5 Likes

This this this.

Posi-Posi stance bindings pattern is something I’d like more than anything. @Haeroboards I’ve bothered you plenty on this topic on Instagram.

Not everyone loves DuckSwitch Cowboy Stance :confused:

10 Likes

Part of what makes your boards to appealing to me are the aesthetics (quality, service, etc aside). If you end up making custom enclosures, I only ask that they only add to the beauty and form and fun graphics that you maintain as a brand. Gl!

3 Likes

Design by committee is never gonna be perfect for everyone, however these are the things I would consider essential

Some channel with a cover. As you have the bindings already drilled and inserts then you are going to need to either drill for both stances on the bindings or put two channels. I guess 2 channels would be better, then we can do 4wd :smiley:

Three drilled holes with inserts in a line across the middle of the deck so we can fix a battery box. @glyphiks the inserts are very very strong on this deck, the bindings attach to them!

Slightly narrower on the nose and tail, just a hair, to avoid clashes with big drives on narrower trucks.

Anything else for me would be surplus to requirements, I love the shape of it as it is.

Edit - actually an extra 2cm of length would be desirable, just to get that extra big top box on to hold the vescs in the middle or a bigger battery.

9 Likes

I’m definitely keen on a deck plus bottom mounted enclosure. Something flexible/segmented and as low profile as possible would be ideal.

I am not a super fan of this. I guess as an option it wouldn’t be too bad, but even as an option I still think it should be at least close-ish to the current regular or goofy setup. Both F1 and F5 bindings so far setup as-is have allowed me to position my rear foot straight across the deck comfortably.

If it is an option, imo it should just be the mounting holes shifted 1cm more towards the center if anything. The shape of bindings I feel like lend themselves well to strapping diagonally across your feet. Moving the holes inward just a bit but still having a similar offset, rather than straight across mounting holes would fit bindings better I think. See below:

Other than that I have no other inputs for the bro eMTB version… I think the deck is perfect for an eMTB as-is… Anything else for me would have just been extras that could have been nice to have, but even if it were present I don’t think i’d have taken advantage of. That said, I do look forward to seeing the e-bro and some of the crazy clean sexy builds you all smash together.

Oh, wait, nevermind… a sweet circuitboard design would be ssiiiiiiickkk

5 Likes