Haero Bro model

@Mainflow, I love you bud- but if you were my kid that would not go up on the refrigerator.

Like dis:

8 Likes

Obviously that would purely be for street.

1 Like

Switch stance is intended for traditional 30-60 second MTB runs, and stacked for jumping/landing. Like park skating, you wait for your turn to take a run- not really an ideal stance for extended riding that carvers allow.

I can’t see why you couldn’t off-road with a freerider stance, it’s just not optimal for big air jumps aka MTB tricking (which isn’t what we’re doing anyway).

3 Likes

What’s wrong with going without bindings like I am? Get the right truck angles and the gas pedals provide enough leverage.

4 Likes

Absolutely nothing wrong with that. I ride with and without bindings depending on what I feel like doing.

What I want here is the option to ride with bindings in a stance that is much more my regular riding style preference. I can take terrain and curbs with more confidence with bindings.

2 Likes

Nothing wrong with options!

1 Like

Thx bud. :heart:
I have done that stance on the baja for street and light dirt roads with potholes and was used to that. Obviously without bindings. I’m open to try new stances.:slight_smile:

2 Likes

I got my start with surfing and downhill longboard before anything else, so it’s definitely had an impact on my stance. Freerider stance is something that is ubiquitous in snowboarding, downhill, and even certain MTB circles (open mountain course riding usually). Really what it means is that leading & trailing foot both have a positive orientation towards the front of your board, to varying degrees between front/rear depending on personal preference & style.

In snowboarding you have things like the Burton Day Trader which defaults to a posi-posi freerider stance:

Ideally, a bracket system that allowed for adjustment of each angle akin to how certain snowboard bindings are setup. Everyone has different preference, I just am trying to break out of the standard norm of Switch stance as I feel it has a pretty limited application (traditional park MTB).

2 Likes

Wait a sec…
I noticed, that I do that stance, right?

My shoe does not show my foot.:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Based on my observations of various group rides & esk8 events, I’d wager the most common stance is like +20/0. I swear I see most people riding esk8 with a nearly perpendicular rear foot.

3 Likes

It’s to withstand and stabilize you stand during acceleration and breaking. And btw.

We’re also talking about different deck styles. A traditional longboard will grant different stance options compared to a MTB/Carver deck. If I’m heavily accelerating or braking, my rear foot will pivot on the ball to bring my toe forward and my heel up on the rear end angle of the deck. That end angle on MTB decks acts like a perfect wedge for heavy acceleration/braking.

2 Likes

If it’s stanced more like these bottom photos and not as extreme like this photo I’d be interested

1 Like

Justin I’ll have you know I spent like 12 minutes in MSPaint working on that.

How dare you.

But yeah, point being is that currently Switch stance on those bindings is like +20/-20. Personally I’m looking for something like +20/+20, but everyone’s preference will be different and I’m sure +20/+5-0 would be a popular option too. I wish we had an elegant adjustable system that was less bulky than snowboard bindings

3 Likes

Keep in mind that the MTB binding position is adjusted for foot width and assumes that you turn your foot against the bindings to lock them in place, so depending on which holes you use on your binding plates, that picture is actually quite close to reality of what you’re after.

2 Likes

That’s because I’m a truly gifted MSPaint artist.

9 Likes

Any updates mate? People want to know.

1 Like

I’m busy making the mould for the under mount enclosure. So no chance to ride the board… shouldn’t be long until the board is freed up though.

1 Like

I was asking about the enclosure LOL!

1 Like

It’s going well. I’m struggling with time as always but hope to have a mould produced at the end of this week.
I want to try some different processes and materials for these ones so it won’t be ready then but there might be something to look at soon.

4 Likes