Haero Bro model

The build is still twitchy AF with the R/C ESCs, prototype wired remote, and 1.5m long phase leads without caps to smooth out voltage spikes.

Next week would be better to test if you don’t want to drive 100km though, because then I’m back at work.

Adding it now!

2 Likes

I hope the socks fly off before :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I have Injinji toe-socks for when required! :rofl:

https://www.injinji.com/

3 Likes

That’s how people live on the other side of the planet… interesting :joy:

2 Likes

I never put socks on, when I wear sandals

2 Likes

More here…

9 Likes

Good grip job man

3 Likes

Lookin dope

1 Like

@Haeroboards

Happy New Year !!!

Hey guys @Skunk and @DerelictRobot I don’t know if I got you right but in my opinion you have a very wide variety of different Bindings angles. Check here

7 Likes

Yeah… As discussed, unfortunately that’s nowhere near enough. I’m talking about rotating the rear bindings insert pattern 90 degrees counter-clockwise so that it is parallel with the leading pattern.

This would allow a freeride stance with bindings with both toes pointing towards the front of the board as opposed to traditional Switch/Cowboy MTB stance where toes point outward forward/back.

I already messaged @Haeroboards about a custom bindings pattern for a few boards on Batch #2.

Anyone else here interested in such a thing? Curious what the preference would be if there was a choice:

• Switch/Cowboy Bindings Insert Pattern
  • Freeride Stance Bindings Insert Pattern

0 voters

1 Like

Like this?

3 Likes

@Mainflow, I love you bud- but if you were my kid that would not go up on the refrigerator.

Like dis:

8 Likes

Obviously that would purely be for street.

1 Like

Switch stance is intended for traditional 30-60 second MTB runs, and stacked for jumping/landing. Like park skating, you wait for your turn to take a run- not really an ideal stance for extended riding that carvers allow.

I can’t see why you couldn’t off-road with a freerider stance, it’s just not optimal for big air jumps aka MTB tricking (which isn’t what we’re doing anyway).

3 Likes

What’s wrong with going without bindings like I am? Get the right truck angles and the gas pedals provide enough leverage.

4 Likes

Absolutely nothing wrong with that. I ride with and without bindings depending on what I feel like doing.

What I want here is the option to ride with bindings in a stance that is much more my regular riding style preference. I can take terrain and curbs with more confidence with bindings.

2 Likes

Nothing wrong with options!

1 Like

Thx bud. :heart:
I have done that stance on the baja for street and light dirt roads with potholes and was used to that. Obviously without bindings. I’m open to try new stances.:slight_smile:

2 Likes

I got my start with surfing and downhill longboard before anything else, so it’s definitely had an impact on my stance. Freerider stance is something that is ubiquitous in snowboarding, downhill, and even certain MTB circles (open mountain course riding usually). Really what it means is that leading & trailing foot both have a positive orientation towards the front of your board, to varying degrees between front/rear depending on personal preference & style.

In snowboarding you have things like the Burton Day Trader which defaults to a posi-posi freerider stance:

Ideally, a bracket system that allowed for adjustment of each angle akin to how certain snowboard bindings are setup. Everyone has different preference, I just am trying to break out of the standard norm of Switch stance as I feel it has a pretty limited application (traditional park MTB).

2 Likes