Grünstern - MOV-E shortboard, 12s3p NESE, Hummie Hubs, Hammock baseplates

Just curious, what does that icon on the deck mean?

A reminder of my spirtual past and present, a wild journey of magic numbers, merkabahs and other fascinating stuff. My nickname also has its heritage there :wink:

4 Likes

On high power flashlights the body is usually used as a heat sink. Without heatsink and in a thermoform enclosure things might get interesting fast. :slight_smile:

Very nice though, watching with interest.

1 Like

I basically sew off the first section of the flashlight, there’s at least some metal left :grin: let’s see, I can always dim over pwm to reduce temp.

1 Like

hey how is that 4.20 dual? is it giving you problems?

or is that the 6.6

It’s the 6.6 dual mini and so far it’s been reliable :slightly_smiling_face:

Head light control via PWM: Check!
Switch lights on and off via brake sequence on standstill: Check!
Now I’ll add some fuses to add more trust and then its testing time :slight_smile:

1 Like

Damn, I just blew the led driver and the led, idiot me swapped input and output facepalm :smiley:

1 Like

It’s working :grin::sunglasses: atm I got a 350mA driver, maybe it’s already sufficient, I’ll test. The replacement for the 1A version is on its way nonetheless :wink: brake lights can be switched on separately to save power when headlights are not needed. As I said before, its done with a brake sequence, so it can be done with any remote. Each click must not be more than a second apart of each other, otherwise counting starts again. 4 times-> Only brakelights on/off, 6 times->all lights on/off
7 Likes

Really clever way to control it. Won’t be that easy for who uses active braking or reverse though :grin:

1 Like

I increased the values a bit to be sure :smiley: But its working dance and I put it all together again. The LED strip got an epoxy coating to seal it plus I added a backup for unforeseen resets of the arduino or the board so the state of light is stored in EEPROM.
With this addon my board is finally 100% complete. Its not perfect but I like it a lot. The coating streetside looks like shit if you look closer :smiley: but from far its quite nice :slight_smile: The whole thing is a black hotglue mayhem but I’m proud of it. Now I have time for the eKickboard tranform and one of @evoheyax Rocket decks is also on its way :slight_smile: (btw, tracking no.? :blush:) I’ll take some cool final “product” pictures when its sunny and I’m out on the bike paths.

3 Likes

pretty bad ass

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::point_up_2::crazy_face::ok_hand:

Hideout :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Now that I have a spotwelder (bought it for the new boards battery) I ordered 12 new cells since the deck itself fits a 12s4p in the same volume of 12s3p with NESE when spotwelded :slight_smile: If anyones interested in really cheap used NESE pm me :wink:

12s4p here I come :sunglasses:

5 Likes

on that small board is gonna be a lot of power! nice…I thought you anted to keep it lighter since you travel a lot with it.

2 Likes

weight is not a problem, as @Grievor stated, its my gym :smiley: handling/size is more important.
Actually (after some thinking) it is around 200gr lighter since an empty NESE weighs 125 gr (->750gr total, 12 cells -> 560gr) I also want some modularity so I’ll go for connectors between 2s4p groups to be able to split it in 6 <100Wh packs

2 Likes

Repackrd :sunglasses:

One half done:

3 Likes

Lol, I didn’t this time :sweat_smile: the probability of flying is quite low so I just connected the with triple layered nickle, if I’ll fly I buy some cells and use the 12s3p neses I still have :wink: