Grünstern - MOV-E shortboard, 12s3p NESE, Hummie Hubs, Hammock baseplates

The black stuff is black hot glue, the battery isn’t sealed, I taped the balance wires with kapton.

ah ok it looked like silicon covered in the middle. Got the lucid grip, let’s see :smile:

2 Likes

Dude, as have as you are in the garage just mix some some slow cute epoxy and apply glass frit. It will change your life.

1 Like

Yeh I know. But I have so many steppa still to do that I want to have something ready to go. I already spent the past 3 weeks trying to get a adecent diy vacuum forming. You can se eon my build log. Now I am getting a bigger shop vac. It lolls easy but it is not! At least for me :grin:

3 Likes

I can dig that, sometimes you just gotta be done so you can ride.

3 Likes

Balance charge cables ready:

:sunglasses:
Now it’s basically ready to make it beautiful again :slight_smile:
I’m planning on replaceing the lid with something more Haya-Style, since its really tight with the NESE even though I removed 1mm from the original design.

3 Likes

The. The easier and cheapest solution is to use 1mm aluminium sheet, laser cut, but then you can not step on top. It’s ok since you should have space on the trucks for your feet

2 Likes

I think I’ll go with 2mm ABS which I’ll double where the sealing foam is atm. should work :slight_smile:

1 Like

Argh, one of my Focboxes ist giving the red blinking light and drv_fault, out of nothing :cry: all I did was shortening cables, but can works, ppm works and the metr is still alive. :frowning: maybe a soldering spot on the drv became loose when I used the air gun to shrink cables…
I still have two focboxes for spare parts but I’m loosing confidence in them. For me the Flipsky 4.12 were much more reliable so far.

I always use a regular hair dryer for shrink tubing, but I still find that a bit hard to believe :thinking:

You could try heat-gunning it again though :stuck_out_tongue:

First I have to take that hot glue mess apart again, then I’ll have a look :thinking: in the current version the fsesc 420 dual should be reliable I think…

1 Like

For now I’ll use my focboxes, still three to destroy :smiley: I think I found the error, one tiny cable from a previous repair came loose (maybe my heatgun orgy :D).
I just decided what I do for the lid, its gonna be awesome :blush:

Ach Homie, I got something on my mind.
Sorry I asked you twice if you got in on electric or street, I was a bit confused i didn’t remember at this time :relieved:
…my news is old news but i must tell you about carbon fibre.
Don’t use it because it is conductive. I know you know but and will want why buy it can’t be the right material imo…better of fibre glass!

Oh, I know :sunglasses: but as long it’s only on the outside everything is fine :yum:

Yeah, the fit inside is sooo tight that I’m having to rip apart my battery pack and redesign it a little bit.

I was thinking the same thing… I’ll probably buy a sheet of acrylic or something and cover the entire top, just like my HAYA.

1 Like

It’ll be even better for waterproofing

1 Like

Fully equipped on the bus :sunglasses:

1 Like

NAHHHHH! No weak points!
the strongest chain cracks just at the weakest point.

Are you talking about the band of the helmet or the deck with the antispark and stuff?

I just went 12km with my first board (Red Star ;)) to drain the full battery a bit for storage which was fun because its 10km/h faster but the Grünstern is way more interesting to ride. With the Red Star all I could reach for was more speed, for the green one speed is not the most important thing any more. Sounds a bit weird but this is how it is :smiley: Its a wonderful smooth ride, now that I got used to the different kind of steering it feels way better :blush:

2 Likes