[Group Rides] LA / OC / SD - On Going

Why don’t you guys come down for the morning ride?

My reason is aways the balls and chains / family. I’ve been a few time with the Evolve crew

2 Likes

Come on man

SoCal legend might come along with some of the evolve guys

1 Like

For getting around coastal SoCal with your board there is a better way than driving. Amtrak. Cheap, comfortable, scenic, and they don’t care how big your battery is. No extra charge for the board either.

2 Likes

That’s such a good idea! I’ve never needed to use public transit before so its totally new to me. But there is an amtrack right down the street from me. I need to look up how to get a ticket and how long the travel time is.

1 Like

My office is only a couple miles from home but we have an old factory that we haven’t shut down yet 50 miles away. When I have to go out there I ride my board to the train station, carry it on, and sit back and relax. Then I ride my board to the factory. The overhead storage is big enough for your board so it never leaves your sight. It takes about an hour and five minutes on the train. It takes longer than that to drive home with traffic.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s not bad at all. Thanks for the idea.

Amtrak is a bit pricey though. I think roundtrip is $70 dollars from SD to LA

At least thats what google says…

San Diego to LA is 120 miles one way. The standard GSA reimbursement rate for mileage in your personal vehicle is 58 cents a mile. That covers cost of vehicle, insurance, gas, and maintenance. For 240 miles that is $139. If you get 20 miles a gallon it is ~$48 just for gas.

More importantly it is 4 to 6 hours of your life back that you can do better things with than drive. I consider staring out the window at ocean views and daydreaming to be a lot better than watching lane markers and taillights on the 405.

2 Likes

Good News, SoCal is coming

This is a great thread! I’m literally in LA for work at least once a month and have been meaning to bring my board out there.

3 Likes

@Arzamenable
On my way to SD via JFK, LAX, KOA, LAX :smile:

I’ll be at Mission Bay across from the roller coaster early in the morning with my family. I’ll try to ride out to meet up with you guys at 10. Should be a fun ride.

1 Like

We are meeting at de anza cove at 10:00. By 11:00 we will probably be at barefoot bar and grill where we will eat and charge our boards which is closer to Belmont park. Just ask your parents to drop you off at de anza cove park where we are meeting

Im 37 years old, I don’t need my parents to drop me off. Lol!! I’ll meet you guys there. Maybe a plus 1 or 2 with me if they’re down.

3 Likes

Oh, Hahahah. When you said family I misinterpreted. Lol

Make sure to bring a charger

guys, come to LA for the next one

and there’s a bunch of stuff to do in the area, maybe do a hillclimb up to griffith if able

and you could take the train all the way there if you wanted

1 Like

The ciclavia thing is annoying. Way too crowded and those walking zones arghhhh. Hill climb was awesome though