Ground Control | Stooge Gear | 40.5 Jet Killshot | Dual 6380 | 13s4p/6p 40T | Unity

I’ve come across a couple funky spots while using the ride app. But for the most part it has been quite dependable

2 Likes

Its probably my location. There isn’t really an area I ride that doesn’t have a heap of interference.

2 Likes

I’ll try both! Have you used Xmatic? For some reason when I tried to set up gearing it didn’t have a KV option :rofl:

its good imo just a little more bare bones than metr without anywhere near the data logging, I’ve used it for years.

1 Like

I usually run xmatic and ride in conjunction. Then compare for a realistic number lol

1 Like

Alright, next ride I’ll do xmatic and Relive… You guys still want GoPro video with a relive and Xmatic data? @KfromtheBay

1 Like

Is your Unity on VESC FW 5.x or what? If it is, then you can forget about using Focbox Tool/UI and Xmatic. Have you uninstalled the Unity BLE yet to check if that solves it?

1 Like

FW 23.46, I didn’t want to run beta firmware :stuck_out_tongue: Although I have heard FW5.X is good! Have not uninstalled the BLE module, since the board was working well with both until it wasn’t. Should I take the time to open my enclosure and switch to 5.X?

2 Likes

FW 23.46 is solid, but unsupported, so switch if something in VESC FW 5.x draws you, or if you think the latest metr FW might work better with that. Everything is kinda moving on from Enertion FW, so there is that, and going 5.x might solve it. Either way, worthwhile mentioning to @rpasichnyk that you’re on FW 23.46 still.

2 Likes

Thanks for taking the time :pray: I’ll pop the enclosure open and download the new firmware on! Which one are you running? 5.1?

2 Likes

Oh wait you are running the 100S’! Those got to be fun!

2 Likes

5.1 but only because I haven’t updated the Stormys and that’s what they came with. On Unity the latest I went was FW 5.0 Beta9, because I wanted to sidestep any more premature release bugs (like the 5.0 PPM bug).

In the meantime FW 5.1 and 5.2 has proven to be solid.

3 Likes

Yessir, only a bit of thermal throttling problems at the moment because I don’t have a heatsink in my backpack yet. It’s the next thing after upgrading my AS fuse to 100A, so will be solved soon.

1 Like

So 5.1 has to be done through the vesc tool or what ? I’m assuming the unity UI doesn’t support it. And it won’t work with Xmatic ?

2 Likes

Correct, have to plug in the first time to go from FW 23.x to FW 5.x, and AFAIK the apps other than metr and VESC apps stop working.

1 Like

Damn so is there even an app that supports 5.1 that shows battery percentage and such ?

2 Likes

So on 5.X I should try with my metr back plugged in! Thank you :pray:

1 Like

Both metr and Stormcore apps do, and the latter works with Unity BLE on FW 5.x.

Do it. Progress is being made. You’ll have to learn the ins and outs of VESC Tool though.

1 Like

What Bluetooth module do you need with it

2 Likes

Already know the ins and outs! Actually I know it better then Unity UI haha

2 Likes