Grip Tape Inserts

Max Capps ranked in the top 10 in the world IDF. This guy is relentless in his persuit of performance in the DH scene. Fabricater of aero helms and aero boards. People who tweak and tune have always caught my interest.
Check out Max and his creations on his IG page. https://www.instagram.com/p/B4Nd_S1JYzc/?igshid=o7qud2r0vwks

14 Likes

Im disturbed, but intrigued…

8 Likes

So we’ve graduated from printing lewd pictures on the grip tape to giving them boob jobs?

13 Likes

But what if you use glass frit?

Also available in Japan

images%20(2)

11 Likes

This is very cool, because I can’t ride a dead flat board for an extended amount of time without calf cramping.

1 Like

Curious to see what it looks like under the griptape…

4 Likes
9 Likes

I’m not exactly sure what these are meant to be used for… Any chance you/anyone could explain?

Moe will explain it better, but it’s basically a way to create some topography for your feet and give you something to brace against.

3 Likes

A doorstopper for your feet

3 Likes

Ooh so like a portable W/O/V concave?

They look like pimples imo but cool idea

1 Like

We used to just stack pieces of griptape under the main top layer for the same effect.
Gives you lock in points on your grip/deck.
Also really helpful with going between bombing stance and a sliding stance without looking down at your board to be sure where you are. You can just feel it.

6 Likes

Hmm… Do you think I could add w concave with these?

I’d go with scraps of griptape if you wanna add concave to the whole deck.

https://www.motionboardshop.com/pages/how-to-adding-w-concave-to-your-longboard-deck

2 Likes

Thanks! So these are mostly for foot placement on the deck without needing to look down?

They create pockets, or points that you can lock in.
Custom concave basically

1 Like

Ahh thanks man! Ps still haven’t found your bushings…

Meh. No worries dude. Shit happens. Just be glad I’m not @Kellag or you’d never hear the end of it.

4 Likes