Granda Plata 43" deck -- first batch

Saw this on IG this morning. Think this deck is a really good choice.

Build by Login • Instagram

21 Likes

20220119_215957

Waiting on a few bits and pieces to get mine together, getting really keen!

20 Likes

@MoeStooge: What’s your take on concave with regard to race boards? I believe your rolling chassis is completely flat as well. Does the MBS binding provide enough support and renders the concave unnecessary? Do you see any advantage in not having the concave?

BTW, I did notice that one on IG as well and I’m keeping an eye on the build. It seems it’s going to be a good one.

3 Likes

@janpom could you share a technical drawing of top view of the deck? I am about to start designing a print for Granda Plata and that would make my work easier…

If you have a 3d model that would be amazing.

3 Likes

With wood deck the concave or Dub Tub makes for torsional rigidity. A really good trait. The way it feels or locks a rider in is really personal preference. The half binding allows you to pull leverage over the deck allowing more input to control vs lateral G pushback. The rear foot placement for me is where the magic happens on an E-Board. Where I plant the rear for acceleration and toe, heel side turns is important. In a turn the front foot makes the direction and the rear is where the fine tuning of the turn happens. Having the rear step and rail in a place that feels and works for the rider is different for every rider. At the hill you will find no two pro level DH riders deck surfaces the same. I imagine if we were not locked in on the front foot there definitely would be more personalization.
Alex Moavani has a really interesting design on both his front and rear .

DH has developed grip tape implants to customize and lock in that feel you are looking for. Ultimately it’s to each his own. If it’s uncomfortable work on it and make it work for you.

6 Likes

This how you do a proper Granda Plata build:

Well done @glyphiks.

If I may make a suggestion I think it would look even better with bigger wheels.

10 Likes

Thanks Jan! It’s coming along nicely I think. Been working on some trimmings in CAD all evening for the cable routing.

I’m not sure I can agree with you on bigger wheels though! The ride height already seems huge for me, I have ruined myself by becoming accustomed to my Frankendick lowrider on 76mm urethane :sweat_smile:

I would love to drop the ride height a bit by swapping the adjustable baseplates to the BN split angle plates, but I can’t afford to put any more into this one right now unfortunately :sleepy:

Getting super keen tho, I think this is gonna be a very fun build. Should be on the road within a week I reckon!

5 Likes

@janpom Have you seen this post. I hope you have just missed it :joy:

1 Like

Yes, I saw it but I forgot, sorry. Here’s the deck shape. It should have correct dimensions. The tip-to-tip length is 43".

gp_shape

1 Like

mines drop through, maybe make some cutouts? :sunglasses:

Nope. Already skinned. That ship has sailed.

1 Like

I think I’ll go with something like this

16 Likes

Looks good! With all the practice you already have I’m sure you can make it work with no more than 1579 LEDs. :wink:

10 Likes

Hahah, beleve me, I wont be touching those fiber optics any time soon :smiley:

8 Likes

i wish i had some 3d glasses on hand for that.

4 Likes

Fun fact. In Serbian “plata” means paycheck. So granda plata is “big paycheck” :joy:

I was doing this design at work. So guys were like… “Really you will have that written all over it”

12 Likes

I approve :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do you offer discounts for bigger batches? And, do you offer a kicktail version?

Thanks, would love to hear more design ideas if you have them.

Happy to take 10% off if you take 5 pcs.

43" deck with a kicktail? :open_mouth:

4 Likes

yassss

5 Likes