GPS Skate Trackers are here!

I truly wish I was. I imagine an outright esk8 Sodom and Gomorrah.

Excellent marketing argument, BTW.

4 Likes

If they get sold out will a restock happen soon? I would like to get one but I need to finish my build first and not sure it will be in stock by the time that happens

For sure!

1 Like

Ok, whoā€™s moving to middle of the corn field Pennsylvania and going to be my right hand man? Need help urgently :smile:

Trackers are shipping tomorrow for those who ordered and didnā€™t go out in the first batch.

4 Likes

Where do you live? It can be arrangedā€¦

1 Like

I also just found out, you can text the GPS tracker and it will tell you the input battery voltage! Super cool for monitoring in transit!

6 Likes

Also, I will be writing full installation/USA documentation ASAP. Have soo much going on right now itā€™s crazy.

Basically, activate the sim, turn it on and text the number ā€œ1234ā€ to get location (no quotes in the message, just numbers). I will of course explain all other details in the docs

2 Likes

Singapore. When can we expect your crime wave?

2 Likes

Ooh Iā€™m half Singaporean and I got family there. Iā€™ll hit them up to destroy you at gardens by the bay.

I wonā€™t be visiting myself this year. Perhaps next year.

2 Likes

@BuildKitBoards the new esk8 tracker is the absolute bomb. Works flawlessly, minimal install and cheap to buy & cheap to run.

I was gonna do a wire up but itā€™s so easy it was just be a waste. Hereā€™s what I didā€¦

1. Drill a hole in the enclosure, or wherever you want the switch. Mount the switch. Feed the wires through and secure it.
  2. Connect the positive and negative to the battery (it supports up to 100v, no buck convertor needed).
  3. Insert the sim card. Setup your account at US Mobile (https://www.usmobile.com/), which takes 2 minutes. Turn on the unit and wait 2 minutes.
  4. Send ā€˜1234ā€™ to the number you got from US Mobile. Youā€™ll get back coordinated with a link for Google maps (on Android).

Also, you can send ā€˜csā€™ and youā€™ll get back a bunch of data, the past if which is the voltage being sent to the unit, AKA your battery voltage. It looks like thisā€¦

1d_300_100V Ver:2019/04/03 18:05 IMEI:123456789098765 IP-wz:00.000.204.160:7900,GPRS=1,GPS=1,M=2,GSM=4,Net=5,TZ=E8,LBS=0,RE=1,Ang=1,Cm=1,Sm=1,Xieyi=0,MT=10,ST=5,MS=1,Bat=3.71V,Vol=48.2V,Slp=0,ACC=0,GT=2,A1:,A2:

This is what my install looks like, itā€™s so easy.

Good job brother.

13 Likes

Wow! @BuildKitBoards does it work on iPhone also?

1 Like

I tossed this up on Reddit in response to a post:

3 Likes

It will work on an iPhone, it will work on any phone. The device responds to the query with coordinates. Your phone interprets those coordinates and creates a link to your default map software.

2 Likes

May I ask here, if some EU rider use it ?
Really cool devide btw :+1: Thanks for us @BuildKitBoards :wink:

Sick! Can confirm it works as described in SoCal. Iā€™d share my number to ping it if I had met you all in Colorado.

I got an unlimited text and 5gb data plan, ā€¦ for science.

@BuildKitBoards Iā€™m pmā€™ing u my boards contact. Ping away if you were curious.

3 Likes

Yes it does

2 Likes

Whatā€™s the code for voltage?

1 Like

Thatā€™s awesome! The app is called GPSdd and looks like this, let me know how it works!
The tracking code is:
The voltage code is:
cs

1 Like

The login information for the app isnā€™t exactly clear. How do you sign up for an account and then associate a device (imei I assume)

Nvm, here are manuals

I got the vibration sms alarm setup, cool!

2 Likes