• Goofy Left Handed Remote
  • Goofy Right Handed Remote
  • Regular Left Handed Remote
  • Regular Right Handed Remote

0 voters

13 Likes

Goofy squad :muscle:

18 Likes

I thought riding switch was extremely hard, then I got a leiftech electric freeboard and I learned to ride it switch in only a few sessions (ok in 3-5 sessions, good after a week and some)

Might have been able to lean just as fast on a longboard but is is hard to stop riding i the way you are comfortable as where the freeboard demands you ride all the ways.

6 Likes

I feel like I’m in a definite minority, I’m Goofy and left remote, but I’m actually right handed

8 Likes

Otherwise known as “superior footed” …

5 Likes

Goofy right. I don’t have any problems riding switch on a regular skateboard but the stance is obviously different and for the control needed, I can’t have my right foot on the back.

For the love of Sk8tan i can’t ride goofy. If i’m using smart reverse i lose balance super quick while being turned around.

2 Likes

Whenever I go snowboarding I still manage to faceplant when riding switch :laughing:

3 Likes

Same. I keep my right hand open for breaking mirrors and using my phone.

2 Likes

Same, only goofy here! I’ve attempted riding switch before because if I could just switch around and let the rear foot rest a bit it would be nice.

I’ve never managed over like 3 mph, turning is just too awkward

1 Like

I feel like the summerboard has given me a little feel for it.

That’s it though, time to change control mode to “current” and play with switch on the eMTB

3 Likes

I force myself to be goofy so I can see the traffic in America and not the sidewalk. When going faster I’ll go back to regular but it’s really just my left foot and the rear foot is pointing pretty much straight ahead getting me as good a forward view as possible.

8 Likes

I’m regular on an e-board and goofy on a non motorised skateboard, don’t understand why

7 Likes

I never thought about this, I’ve actually gotten quite good at running in reverse so i’d probably be able to ride goofy if I had to, Standard / Right is my jam though. Just feels natural.

A better question for handedness should be dominant hand or no. It’s hard to tell if the left handed remote people are southpaws or use their dominant hand for something else.

When driving on the right side of the road i think its better to ride goofy so you can observe traffic. Luckily that’s my way of riding anyway. Remote preferably in my right hand except when i film or hold a light.

3 Likes

I’ve tried to learn both stances, halfway capable at both…
Analog skate = goofy
Snow & Surf = regular
Esk8 = goofy

Only been esk8ing for about a year, never thought about riding switch – too dangerous w/o muscle memory for balance.

Agree with the sentiments that goofy on US roads is advantageous to see traffic. Wouldn’t feel comfortable regular with my back towards cars.

4 Likes

Goofy is the new regular?

5 Likes

If you’re right-handed would that not mean you’re most likely right-legged? And, if that’s true, wouldn’t it make sense to put your dominant leg in front since most of your weight is supposed to be on it? I don’t understand right-handed/legged people riding regular…

This is the case for me, right handed, right legged, goofy. It feels weird to have the non dominant leg try and control steering in regular stance

2 Likes